We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wishing time away

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
418 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Wishing time away

I hope i am not the only one crossing of the days to the next holiday in Lindos, its awful really everyday nearly i am thinking what i want to be doing when i get to Lindos ie what bars and resturants to visit and should i do a daytrip etc. I have got a lot of daydreaming to do as i don't go untill Sept ... i

Mentioned in this post
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece
Level Contributor
109 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
71. Re: Wishing time away

Hope haven't offended anyone, wasn't meant that way, just that u can talk on fones, Facebook, chatbox whatever, if want 2 tell anyone I,m going on hol, no matter how many times each year or each mnth, I,d use one of those methods that's what they r there 4, not forums used by people 2 gather or receive information.Don't u get it? If posts r removed I rather think it will be some of ures along with mine as none of us r using the forum 4 the purpose it is meant 4.

Wales
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
72. Re: Wishing time away

Strange clashly, never seen you on this forum before! But most of the other people on this thread are regular contributors who answer loads of queries and give balanced opinions, on a regular basis....as I do myself!

Level Contributor
109 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
73. Re: Wishing time away

Lyn u r absolutely right hun, I've never planned on going 2 Rhodes b4 so never had reason to look at this forum, since sending my observations b4 I seen some of the numbers of posts some of u have sent 700+ on some cases, just that I've never seen conversations played out the way I did on Rhodes on any forum and instead of gaining insite I read 20 or 30 msgs what 2 me wasn't forum material? I,m sure if seen some of the previous msgs with information etc I would not of jumped 2 the same conclusion as I did b4 and I,m sorry 4 being judgemental where I had. no right. I appologise 2 each of u. Going in May myself and wanted 2 ask couple questions? Tha is 4 putting me in my place, I deserved it.

Mentioned in this post
Rhodes
Rhodes
Dodecanese, Greece
Brighton
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
Save Reply
74. Re: Wishing time away

It takes allsorts to make a world peeps...live and let live. I think it's easy to judge people by what they post but when you meet in real life you can change an opinion in my experience

Level Contributor
109 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
75. Re: Wishing time away

Btongirl, wow, 1600+ posts? Ha. Ure right angel and I,m not a bad person, I've travelled most of the world and been Greece many times just not 2 Rhodes, maybe if I had I,d of seen some of previous posts and been able 2 relate 2 what was being said. Only started using forums recently compared 2 use I,d just jump on plane and go, since discovered forums I've been made up. I,m sure ure all nice people who,'ve got 2 know eachother over time, I've learnt a valuable lesson 2day so although "wrong" my post has actually been benefitial to me as it's opened my eyes, Lyn put me in my place and I appreciate ure post not condeming me, appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
Rhodes
Rhodes
Dodecanese, Greece
Brighton
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
Save Reply
76. Re: Wishing time away

Clashly there are so many good places to eat & drink in the Lindos/Pefkos area which is one of the reasons AI hasn't really taken off (no need) If like many of us you only get to take one holiday a year it's nice to be able pick and choose where you spend your hard earned money and good for the local economy in the long run, It does depend on your priorities though. It's true you pay a premium in Lindos ( but I happen to think it's worth it for the scenery and quality) Pefkos is a bit cheaper but close enough to get the best of both worlds. If you just want food drink and a sun lounger by the pool that AI in Afandou sounds ok to me but not my cup of tea!

Mentioned in this post
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece
Pefkos
Pefkos
Rhodes, Greece
Wales
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
77. Re: Wishing time away

OK clashly, ask away!! I've been to Lindos in May and September and its the most beautiful place to holiday!!! This forum....in my opinion.....is a bit special in that a lot of posters have got to know one another, in some cases (me included) actually met at get togethers in Lindos! So a bit of banter is not only acceptable, but to be encouraged!!!

Mentioned in this post
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece
Level Contributor
109 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
78. Re: Wishing time away

Btongirl, thanks angel, not going until May and I always book about a mnth b4, after all the posts and the stress its caused me 2 day I may be in no condition 2 go anywhere? Haha. Might b a sign 2go elsewhere hun, honestly, been most places in Europe been Egypt Africa Thailand etc and ner had a problem, well in turkey met some not nice Russians but that's about it? Since I've looked at going 2 Rhodes, I've offended people, rushed 2 conclusions about people's character,in short been bang out of order, maybe me going 2 Rhodes is not meant 2b. Just wanted a hol 2 lay back and chill out this time and my friend from Athens said try Rhodes a while back and it's stuck in my mind ever since. Really am sorry. Seem awful nice u and Lyn. Thanks again.

Mentioned in this post
Europe
Europe
World
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Rhodes
Rhodes
Dodecanese, Greece
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Level Contributor
109 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
79. Re: Wishing time away

Hi Lyn, well believe it or not that post u just sent put a massive smile on my face and I,m made up, really needed it. Thanks angel. All it was I really wanted 2 ask hun is? I've been a lot of places lived through the rave and party times and enjoyed every minute of it, this 1 how-ever I sort of just want 2 chill but with a good authentic greek atmosphere, not 2 close 2 any clubs that party hearty in2 the early hours as once I have a bev I tend 2 think I,m 18 again? When I say I want 2 chill out and relax I still want somewhere pretty close 2 have good time when want, I meen, I,m getting on I,m not dead. So the question really is what resort would be the best 4 this? Haha, tough 1 I know. Might just get flight and backpack til find what I want? If I go now that is? Thanks

Wales
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
80. Re: Wishing time away

Well, you shouldn't give up on Lindos on such minimal experience, it is the best place I have holidayed...although I do enjoy cruises!!! Give it a go, ask any questions on this forum and you will get experienced, reasonable and enthusiastic answers!

Mentioned in this post
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece