We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter in Lindos

Kent
Level Contributor
99 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Easter in Lindos

Hi all,

I'm excited! After much umm-ing and ahh-ing. I finally gave in and booked a trip to Lindos. I'm going on 16 April for two weeks and will be staying in the Lindos Gardens.

If I am right this will put me in Lindos for the Greek Easter. I have always wanted to be in Greece for Easter. Can anyone give me some indication of how Easter is celebrated there and if it would be possible to respectfully attend any of the services or celebrations?

Thanks in advance.

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,750 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easter in Lindos

Have a look here

http://alturl.com/629mj

Kent
Level Contributor
99 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easter in Lindos

Thanks. Do you think it is okay for non-villagers to be present though?

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,798 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Easter in Lindos

of course it is,no one wil ask you for an I.D..lots of visitors follow the easter celebrations

Edited: 19 February 2014, 19:43
Kent
Level Contributor
99 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easter in Lindos

Thank you. :)

Wales
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easter in Lindos

Its nice to know that the traditional Easter greeting is, Cristos Anesti (Christ has arisen) and the response is Alithos Anesti (truly he has arisen)...forgive me for any misspelling!

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
262 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Easter in Lindos

We have stayed in Lindos several times for Easter, its the best time to visit, it is very special, the locals will welcome you as ever, enjoy the experience, and get involved in all that is happening. Hope you enjoy it I'm sure you will.

Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Easter in Lindos

It's one of the best times to go to Lindos for pure authenticity.

8. Re: Easter in Lindos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2015, 05:24