We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding in Rhodes! Help please!!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding in Rhodes! Help please!!

Hi, we are hoping to get married in May/June 2015 (during the 2 week school holidays due to work).

We have decided to get married at St Paul's bay in Lindos and then to have our reception at the Kaylpso rooftop restaurant. We are hoping to stay at the 'Lindos Memories' for our stay.

My questions-

Can we have a wedding in a weeks stay or would it be better to go for 10 days? Can it be done in 1 week?

We want to book the wedding with exquisite weddings ASAP but how do I know if I can get flights for those days as they're not taking bookings for 2015 yet. Has anyone taken the risk and just booked without confirmed flights? We just want to get our date set!

Thanks,

Sarah and James

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding in Rhodes! Help please!!

I think you have to be in Greece for at least 7 days before you can get married. If you book your wedding now you would have to keep checking Skyscanner for the flights to come out. Then book the same day.

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
979 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding in Rhodes! Help please!!

We went with Exquisite and were very happy

Although we went for a fortnight and were married in the middle of the holiday and the 7 days was mentioned, it isnt enforced apparently, I know of several weddings after being in Greece for only a couple of days

We booked ahead of the flight schedules and it fell lucky for us, there was a reasonable flight from Newcastle but I guess it depends on how frequent and reliable the flights are from your local airport

Good luck and feel free to PM me if you want to ask anything

Paul

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
Wirral
Level Contributor
6,570 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding in Rhodes! Help please!!

Hey

If its important for you to book the wedding date and reception well in advance, the flght situation is a risk u will need to take. Having said that, it appears u live in the Manchester area which gives u the choice of Thomson, Thomas Cook, Monarch and Jet 2. Flight days include Tues (late), Wed and Sat. You are not too far from Lpool airport where Easyjet operate on a Wed n Sat and Ryan Air on Mon/Thurs. Naturally these are 2014 schedules. Given yr choices, you should be ok with flights

Mart

Mentioned in this post
Manchester
Manchester
Greater Manchester, UK
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding in Rhodes! Help please!!

Thank you for your replies. Think I'm going to go ahead and book it. Hopefully flights won't be a problem.

Thanks again!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding in Rhodes! Help please!!

Sorry to jump in but ruffly when will the flights for summer 2015 (may/June ) go onsale

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding in Rhodes! Help please!!

I was thinking September time? I've defo booked before in Sept.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,254 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wedding in Rhodes! Help please!!

We where looking for flight from gatwick to rhodes with easyjet for may this year. They were released on september 4th 2013. We was at gatwick waiting to fly to lindos looked on the mobile and they were available so i booked 7 flights on the phones interenet. I was looking each day for about a month and they came up the day we was flying. Good price £150 including 20k Luggage and reserved seats. Job done.

Wales
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wedding in Rhodes! Help please!!

Damn Peter, that's good going, booking great priced flights from GW for next hols...while you were actually at GW for current hols!! Excellent planning.... ;-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,254 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wedding in Rhodes! Help please!!

Hi lyn.

yes as said I was looking every day. Even when I was on gatwick express train at 0600 I had a look and nothing so after checking about 0800 they was there. So booked 7 seats for the party with me. They then phoned there families and friends as there was 23 of us going for friends retirement do.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wedding in Rhodes! Help please!!

Thanks Peter....i was hoping it was before our trip to cayo coco ( 10th sept ) so i can plan for may/june as its our 25th anniversary and im thinking a week in Lindos.....the only thing is our anniversary is the 26th may (Bank holiday ) so we will have to see cost