We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone stayed at Villa Kalimera in Kalathos

Which Lindos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
84 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone stayed at Villa Kalimera in Kalathos

Hi

We are looking at a Villa Kalimera in Kalathos and the costs are great but I can't find any reviews anywhere.

Has anyone stayed there or know about the villa? We are 4 adults and won't have a car so hoping that access to Lindos etc is easy and that there are places to eat and get supplies in the village.

Just looking for something that is clean and comfortable for our stay.

thanks

Wales
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone stayed at Villa Kalimera in Kalathos

Just had a look at it (villa with pool?) it looks lovely, but you're right no reviews to be found, prob because its new!

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
5,959 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone stayed at Villa Kalimera in Kalathos

Not that new. On another web site there are photos dated 2012.

There is not much in Kalathos. A couple of bars & a few tavernas.The beach is all stones.

There area couple of hotels near by & some villas scattered up the hillside beyond.

Even in the height of summer when we have been passing through it seems quite dead.

I think that is the problem. Most people just pass through.

Brighton
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone stayed at Villa Kalimera in Kalathos

Nowhere is as easy to get to Lindos than Lindos itself! For 4 Adults without a car consider staying in a traditional Lindos villa(ge house) Unique and quirky just have to forgo the pool for 3 beaches within a 5 minute walk. Exclusively Lindos, Owners abroad or Lindos Destiny have a selection

Wales
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone stayed at Villa Kalimera in Kalathos

We stayed at Thea Villas 1 last Sept. It's fabulous...2 beds & 2 baths, a full kitchen you could cook a proper meal in, sitting area and 2 large and lovely veranders with perfect views. It can be accessed from the Square by walking down the steps past that irrigation pool thingy, but during the day we came down the steps from villa, turned right and onto path through village. It was so clean and beautifully decorated, and you could easily use it for 4 adults or 2 and 2 kids, we booked through EL. This year as its just 2 of us we're trying Villa Valentina, over to St Paul's, by the Police Station, can only find a couple of reviews, so if anyone knows it/been there, I'd love to hear about it!

Semington, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,623 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone stayed at Villa Kalimera in Kalathos

Hi.

I've stayed in Kalathos 4 times and if you are not going to rent a car you could have problems. There are no shops in the village to buy food etc

There is a large supermarket about 3 kms away so you would have to get a bus or taxi. There are

2 tavernas in the village that sell bar meals and a few restaurants near the beach which, as Trevor says, is shingle. Also all the rental villas are on the hillside behind the village and involve a steep walk uphill!

Cheers

Dave

Edited: 02 March 2014, 13:43
Brighton
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone stayed at Villa Kalimera in Kalathos

I meant Owners Direct!

This is one of the Creme de la Creme in my eyes...maybe a bit expensive but worth missing a pool for IMHO

http://www.lindos-shore-villa.com/

Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone stayed at Villa Kalimera in Kalathos

"There is not much in Kalathos"

That's an understatement Trevor ;-) It's even too quiet for Daiboy, the Kalathos DE. We've even converted him to the merits of Lindos

Edited: 02 March 2014, 19:16
Semington, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,623 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone stayed at Villa Kalimera in Kalathos

Hi Xeno

Kalathos is to quiet for me and I'm not a party animal as Mart will confirm. Due to cost I

base myself at the Coralli in Pefkos these says but still go into Lindos every other day. I think I said to you I still go and see Nikos and Despina at Kalathos when I'm there as they are super people and looked after me.

Cheers

Dave

Edited: 02 March 2014, 22:53
Krakow, Poland
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone stayed at Villa Kalimera in Kalathos

hi kalimera villa is just 1,5 year for renta is new bilding . the house and pool and garden is realy clean and nice, everything is new, beautiful and peaceful surroundings,close lidos village (by car) 3km.price are great !!courteous and helpful landlord. I would recommend:)

Edited: 15 March 2014, 15:45
Krakow, Poland
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone stayed at Villa Kalimera in Kalathos

holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/rhodes/648035