We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lindos in June

Which Lindos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
460 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Lindos in June

Hi.

Just wondering if, in the absence of Rhodes Rock this year, there will be anything else going on in June?

I am sure I read something somewhere, but it could be that I completely imagined it!

Will be there, for a week, from the 11th.

Thanks

Sharon

Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Lindos in June

How come the Mayor of Lindos wouldn't give Eddie approval to stage the customary Rhodes Rock event but he has allowed this to take place on the same dates ? Has he capitulated and realised that no music means fewer tourists spending much less Euro's ?

Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Lindos in June

From the website....

"I would request that a proper dress code be kept throughout the week..The wearing of Mankinis and improper fancy dress will not be allowed!!"

Yah, boo, sucks....Guess that's me out then ;-)

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,390 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Lindos in June

Hey

Didnt see any mention of 'budgie smugglers', thats me in. I happen to be there all that week and beyond so I might get sociable and pop along.

M

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
97 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Lindos in June

Thanks so much Lynn for the link to Lindos Music week.

I have read all about it and it looks good.

Would you recommend buying the wristband before going on holiday or will there always be a possibility to buy it while we are in Lindos the week before Music week?

Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Lindos in June

Vilamar - why not just buy the wristband before you go ? They're only £25. And then you will be guaranteed to get to all the events without the worry of them selling out by the time you get there

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
97 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Lindos in June

Yes that is our thoughts to do so, however it's our first visit to Lindos and first time an event like this taking place whilst we are on holiday, so thought would check out a few things first.

Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: Lindos in June

In previous music events ie Floyd Fest and Rhodes Rock, VIP wristbands guaranteed entrance to ALL events taking place. I've always bought tickets a few days beforehand from selected venues for selected events but I don't know the arrangements for this year

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,229 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Lindos in June

I don't think it's the fact that Eddie couldn't get approval Xen. He just had quite a few problems last year and decided that until the current mayor changed, it might be easier to stage the event elsewhere. As soon as the rumour kicked in about Rhodes Rock, there was talk of staging a similar event by a couple of bar owners.

I think this will be great for the crowd that visit Lindos but choose June for the live music. Rhodes Rock with all it's events and followers will be going ahead too, just a shame about the change of location. It would be nice to maybe see both events go ahead next year, perhaps one June and one September? Would provide a great boost for local business owners!

Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
19. Re: Lindos in June

I have always enjoyed the extra buzz to the village that the likes of Floyd Fest and Rhodes Rock, its bigger morphed brother, provided. Even if you didn't like the music, there was much more opportunity for people watching and meeting up with some interesting characters in the bars and restaurants.

As Marcus says, it would nice to see both events next year, as the village has a much more vibrant feel without it being right in your face. Good for local business and good for the visitor to Lindos too

Edited: 25 March 2014, 17:32
20. Re: Lindos in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2014, 17:30
Edited: 30 April 2014, 17:30