We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lazy Days Cruise?

Which Lindos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wales
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Lazy Days Cruise?

Anyone been on this, I'd like to know...where it goes from, how long it cruises for, is there lunch and stopping for swimming, how much and is it generally good fun???

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,391 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lazy Days Cruise?

Hey

Lyn: Agencies in Lindos and Pefkos usually offer a 'lazy day style cruise'. Typically departing from St Pauls Bay, its itenary is governed by the operator but all offer a similar package. For example, depart SP Bay at 9am, sail up the coast past Vlycha Bay at a leuaurely pace taking in rays n chillin. Anchor off shore at Afandou beach for a swim in crystal clear water with hardly anyone around. Sail on further up the coast to places such as Haraki/Agathi Beach/Stegna or Red Sands Beach. Agathi is a popular one moored in the shallow bay. Lunch provided etc, swim time n chill. Usually a long cruise back tanning on deck with another swim stop. Boats usually provide refreshments as well, alcoholic drinks n soft drinks etc. Typical disembark time is 5pm ish.

Cost depends, for us it was something like 25 E p/p but it was some years ago. When u go into the agent, ask about itenary, times/swim stops/lunch locations etc and ask about size of the boat and number of trippers. We had a modern mid sized boat with 14 of us and it was perfect and chatted to crew etc, really relaxed. I wouldnt fancy one of the sardine packed 100 people trips.

Naturally itenaries change etc so this is just an idea of what can be offered. Brilliant full day out and more than worth it.

M

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,520 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lazy Days Cruise?

Hi lyn.

my friend kostas does a lazy day cruise. We had a private hire one couple of years ago. Take a look at summer breeze cruises lindos on the net. You may of seen the boat its normally at the jetty by the chapel in st pauls bay. Bigger then the glass bottom boat. We paid 15euro each but it was a private hire as most of trippers lived in lindos or lardos only few of us was on holiday.

Edited: 04 April 2014, 07:25
Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Lazy Days Cruise?

Lyn - If you want a cheap boat cruise, get the 1415 from the jetty at the far end of Pallas beach. It'll take you as far as Mandraki harbour in Rhodes town. From there you could have a wander around the old town then get the service bus back to Lindos. Or better still, arrange a hotel in RT before you leave the UK and then spend a whole night there enjoying everything it has to offer then get the boat back to Lindos the next morning

Wales
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lazy Days Cruise?

Thank you all, I really like the idea of an all day, lunch included/swim-stop cruise so will prob look at something like Summer Breezes! Xen, we tried to do exactly what you've described last year. We booked the hotel in RT, checked what time the boat was leaving Pallas...all set. Turned up for the boat next day, boat wasn't able to sail 'cos of weather conditions, :-(. Anyway, we got a taxi in to RT and stayed overnight, taxi back next day, it was great but the boat would have been nicer!

Edited: 04 April 2014, 10:19
Wirral
Level Contributor
6,391 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lazy Days Cruise?

Hey

http://www.summerbreezecruises.com/

tourtlee.com/lindos/…

visitgreekislands.gr/excursions/one-day-crui…

M

Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lazy Days Cruise?

Hi Lyn. We did the lazy day on the glass bottom boat from Pallas beach not last year the year before ( they didn't do it last year when we were there). You can book at Reception or ask at the boat which is there every day The lovely lady ( name escapes me ) and the Captain can be found sometimes at Skala. Cost I think was around £25 each. You get swim stops and not sure how much wine /water included. A great way to spend a few hours. The 1 hour trip is also good. Roll on October. Lyn.

Wales
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lazy Days Cruise?

Thanks Mart and Lyn. I think the glass bottom boat lady's name is Mel, and I will be checking out both all options suggested!

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,391 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lazy Days Cruise?

Hey

Lyn, or it could be the blonde girl who assists Yannis (Mels husband) on the glass bottom boat. They often hang out around Skala/near the boat. Her name escapes me. .

M

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,520 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lazy Days Cruise?

Hi.

The girl who works with yannnie on the boat is jo.

She also does singing now again In a couple of bar's. Yannie wife mel runs lindos reception.

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,391 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lazy Days Cruise?

Hey

That the girl, I have known her for years n say hello n chat, it must be my age

M