We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lindos Gardens - bad reviews?

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Lindos Gardens - bad reviews?

Hello

I've seen a good deal for Lindos Garden studios in late June, but after reading the reviews on here I'm a little apprehensive to book as people have said that the staff are "horrible", they accuse you of stealing towels etc, and that paint in the pool dyes your swimwear blue. It's such a shame as my boyfriend and I really love Lindos and this is about the cheapest we can afford there this year. I know there are people out there who just love to have a good grizzled and moan about anything they can, but are these comments justified?

Brighton
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lindos Gardens - bad reviews?

If you love Lindos and this makes it affordable I personally wouldn't worry! It's a flight and a guaranteed bed for each night what's not to like? If you're willing to pay extra there are plenty of options...some people are ultra critical and will pick holes but I'm a firm believer in that you reap what you sow and if you appreciate what's on offer (and are realistic) you will have a positive experience on the whole

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lindos Gardens - bad reviews?

That's true, some people are real fusspots. We don't mind basic, we've stayed in 1 and 2 star properties and never had a problem. We always go into the village to eat, so negatives about the restaurant aren't an issue. It's the supposed attitude of the staff I'm most concerned about. Then again, who's to say the people giving the reviews weren't being rude in the first place eh?

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,440 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lindos Gardens - bad reviews?

Hey

Some people seem to forget just how little they pay for Lindos Gardens when it comes to moaning. They shld get their hands in their pockets if they dont like it. I have stayed there n agree with Jo. Go n enjoy.

M

Edited: 18 April 2014, 17:22
London, United...
Level Contributor
2,875 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lindos Gardens - bad reviews?

Hi Kristina.

Well I've been going to lindos since 1987 and always stayed in the village 2-3 times a year. Last year in may I stayed at lindos gardens for the first time but friends have been there before. Same as you great deal with Olympic accommodation only. Well if the staff were bad it certainly was not last year. They could not do enough for you. At lease three of the restaurant and bar staff were new but not new to that type of job. In hotel business they have a big turnover of workers each year. Anyway we are back there this may for a friends retirement do. Everyone in our company enjoyed there time there last year, we booked up 10 months in advance for this year. Prices are on par with the village and 1830-2030 happy hour in the bar 2 drinks for the price of 1.

Peter.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Lindos Gardens - bad reviews?

Yeah, I know what it's like, I worked in Pefkos in the summer of 2009 after having no waitressing experience and the looks I got from some people if I got a drink wrong were pretty nasty. It must just be the easily displeased who are writing the review. The deal I've seen is with Olympic, Peter! Really can't go wrong with the price. I think I'm going to bite the bullet and book. I'm sure whatever it's like, well enjoy ourselves :)

Thank you for the advice, guys!

Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Lindos Gardens - bad reviews?

"after reading the reviews on here I'm a little apprehensive to book as people have said that the staff are "horrible", they accuse you of stealing towels etc, and that paint in the pool dyes your swimwear blue"

Can you point me in the direction of these reviews Kristina ?

Having stayed there 2 or 3 of times over the years I can assure you that they are absolutely untrue !!

oldbury, west...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lindos Gardens - bad reviews?

Hi Kristina. One of my work colleagues went to Lindos Gardens last year with her boyfriend. Bearing in mind, she's only twenty, had never been abroad on a sunshine holiday as I call it. (Been to Florida with her parents which was non stop activities). She loved it. Only moan was when she walked down to the beach one day. All that walking lol. Sure you'll love it.

Denise :0)

Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Lindos Gardens - bad reviews?

I've stayed at the Gardens a number of times & am making my way there now. I find the staff there helpful, pleasant & polite. Jack's happy 2 hours (2 for 1) always a great start to the evening! A good venue & good value.

Edited: 19 April 2014, 06:30
Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
1,926 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lindos Gardens - bad reviews?

Hi. This year will be our tenth time at LG. I certainly wouldn't be going back if these things were true. As already said some people like to moan. My philosophy is if you respect people you will get respect back. I have never encountered staff being rude quite the opposite always very helpful and polite and many of them have been working there year after year and I don't think Vassilis would employ them again if this was true, in the end they want people to enjoy themselves and return and recommend LG. Just go and enjoy. Lyn

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
978 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lindos Gardens - bad reviews?

Hi Kristina

My wife and I have booked it through Olympic at the end of August this year. I saw the reviews you mentioned but we only really use the hotel as a base so aren't too worried about them anyway.

The status of the hotel is all about the reviewers, I saw a negative review for a hotel in Turkey that we love because the staff 'smile too much'. Miserable sod

As far as we were concerned, great location, clean and reasonably priced works for us