We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to the toilet!!

Which Lindos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bangor Northern...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Going to the toilet!!

I am so sorry about asking this v vulgar question but I sincerely feel the need to as I was totally disgusted in hearing this over the wkend.

Can you flush your dirty paper down the toilets in Lindos? I have heard you need to put your paper into a bag and dispose of it appropriately yourself!!!

Bradford
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to the toilet!!

It's true - you cannot flush paper down the toilet in Lindos. A bin is provided at the side of each loo and your maid/cleaner will remove the contents each day, same in restaurants and bars. It sounds awful but you soon get used to it and this method is much better than the mess created by flushing paper down the loo and blocking the drains.

C

Bangor Northern...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to the toilet!!

MissC

Thanx - oh sounds delightful but I am sure it wont be as bad as it seems.... I have heard this before but I thought it would be different in hotels and apartment complexes.

Thanx anyway

Regards

thornton, lancashire
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to the toilet!!

Hi Ally

The whole of Greece is like this. Their drains are big enough to take the toilet paper and if you do flush it, it can come back up after a couple of days once the drains cant take anymore and everything else comes back too. My husband was mortified the first time we were going and i told him this, but the beauty of the place compensated for it, so you just get used to it.

thornton, lancashire
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Going to the toilet!!

Meant to put the drains ARENT big enough to take the toilet paper

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Krabi Town, Cape Panwa, Rawai
Level Contributor
3,057 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Going to the toilet!!

Hi I allways take nice smelling nappy bags to dispose of paper in the bins when i am in greece. I have been quite fortunate as all the accomm i have stayed in have been new builds in Pefkos near to Lindos and you could flush paper down the toilet as there was no signs saying not to. In other places yes i used the bins with my sweet smelling bags.Yiou will get used to it.