We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ixia, Rhodes - The Solemar Hotel

Which Lindos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Derry, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Ixia, Rhodes - The Solemar Hotel

Hi, this is my first non-city break holiday and I'm going to Ixia for a week in mid-June, staying all inclusive in The Solemar Hotel. Just wanted to know how busy the hotel and ixia itself are likely to be around that time. Also, what is the all-inclusive at the Solemar like? Do you get a wide choice/good standard? I'm not fussy about it all, just curious!

Getting so excited now, just got to get exams out of the way!

Thank you :)

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ixia, Rhodes - The Solemar Hotel

Sorry, just realised I posted this in the Lindos thread, my mistake! :(

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,301 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ixia, Rhodes - The Solemar Hotel

No problem, I know the Solemar well as I spent a few months there many moons ago. It's very central for Ixia's bars but nightlife is pretty sedate, for a livelier night Rhodes Town is a 10 minute bus/taxi ride away.

I don't think the AI gets rave reviews but it didn't get great reviews for half board and although the food was a bit dull, I thought it acceptable for the prices they charge.

It's an old hotel and that shows but It's clean and friendly.

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,301 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ixia, Rhodes - The Solemar Hotel

Forgot to say, June is starting to pick up but not mad busy, like July/August.

4. Re: Ixia, Rhodes - The Solemar Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2015, 07:16