We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 day weather forecast

Cardiff
Level Contributor
257 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
10 day weather forecast

Hi all

I'm a bit alarmed at the forecast next Thursday onwards.

I know it's gorgeous out there at the mo, but we're due there on Thursday for 1 week only and the outlook is mainly cloud & rain for 5 of those days.

Any local intel there on the subject? Is some massive low due to hit rhodes?

Cardiff
Level Contributor
257 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: 10 day weather forecast

Thanks everyone

Have trawled all proposed sites now and, inevitably, none the wiser. They range from outrageously optimistic to downright depressing. Feel I am now equipped to write a thesis or answer any mastermind questions on rhodes weather patterns may 28 to June 3 2014 ... Including kite surfing stats :)

Guess we will have to suck it & see!

Cardiff
Level Contributor
257 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: 10 day weather forecast

On a plus note, it's nice & sunny here in cardiff at the mo :)

Wales
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: 10 day weather forecast

Hi Tomby, we go home to Cardiff airport on Wednesday, hope the sunshine there lasts!

Cardiff
Level Contributor
257 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: 10 day weather forecast

Sorry lynjane ... Bit premature on that post. Clouded over about half hour later, and looks like this will be the best day of the week.

At least you topped up on your vitamin D this last week though :)

Wales
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: 10 day weather forecast

Oh yes we've been really lucky, blue sky's and hot sunshine, it's lovely! At the moment, on the terrace of apartment in the late sunshine with a glass of vino!!

Cardiff
Level Contributor
257 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: 10 day weather forecast

Good Girl!

I guess you book flight & accomm separate to stay in the village?

We've always stayed up at Krana, as it seems good value & I do like a pool occasionally.

There's probably already loads on this forum on the subject, but maybe I'll put up a new one & pick some brains.

Up until a couple of years ago, we always went long haul which is really easy to get schedule flights etc. and book places to stay, but Europe is exponentially much more pricey if you're only doing a week here and there (which is all we can do at the moment).

I've been loving your posts. I'm not really a forum person but this one has been really friendly and informative so will keep hooked in to it I hope :)

Xxx

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,942 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: 10 day weather forecast

For village package deals Olympic holidays or for a better accommodation exclusivelylindos.com.

Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
28. Re: 10 day weather forecast

Tomboy - I think you have COD regarding the weather. You can't do anything about it so just go for it. Life's too short

PS I have recently returned from a 12 day break in Crete. The weather wasn't brilliant. In fact, it was probably the least settled weather that I have had in over 37 years of travelling to Greece ! Cold, stormy, hot sun, sea freezing - a real mixed bag. but the important thing is that it didn't spoil my holiday one bit. Alright, you couldn't lie on a sun bed for 8 hours solid (who wants to anyway ?) But it meant more time for walking, reading, finding new beachside taverna's, exploring the real Greece etc... and, if I was being totally honest, this made it much more enjoyable for me

So, just go for it and enjoy your well earned break to Lindos. Whatever the weather !

Cardiff
Level Contributor
257 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: 10 day weather forecast

Hmmm ... Still pricey.

Sorry to be a cheapskate, but we got eleni for 200 each. Not stayed there before, but I know it's not far to the village etc.

Stayed at lindos horizons 3 times. Bit more expensive but still ok.

Going to get contact number for Avra when I'm there, but it's the flights that costo mucho.

Melenos looks lovely, though. Is it St. Paul's way?

Brighton
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
Save Reply
30. Re: 10 day weather forecast

No It's between Pallas Beach and the Acropolis...and a bit more expensive than Lindos Horizon ;)