We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 day weather forecast

Cardiff
Level Contributor
257 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
10 day weather forecast

Hi all

I'm a bit alarmed at the forecast next Thursday onwards.

I know it's gorgeous out there at the mo, but we're due there on Thursday for 1 week only and the outlook is mainly cloud & rain for 5 of those days.

Any local intel there on the subject? Is some massive low due to hit rhodes?

Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
31. Re: 10 day weather forecast

And a bit classier too. No real comparison

Cardiff
Level Contributor
257 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: 10 day weather forecast

Xenomania, I agree .., I do!

However, we've seen all we want to see in rhodes (lovely though it is) and all I want after the last year of challenges is a bit of sun. My boyfriend can't/doesn't drink, but I can, so I have a lovely time whatever!

I like reading, but only in the sun on hols (can read in my bed anytime) , hate walking and avoid it whenever possible. I like a bit of culture, but my bf not so much .. He just likes the sun.

I've dragged him to Knossos & museums (which he hated), art galleries in Madrid and Cuba ( which he hated), waterfalls in India (which he quite liked because of the wildlife) , and chichen itza in Mexico (which he miraculously loved, despite the 4 hour coach journey ).

We like boats & beaches, shallow though that may be, and sun is sort of integral to this ... But I hear what you're saying xx

Cardiff
Level Contributor
257 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: 10 day weather forecast

Reading my post back I realise, after 20 odd years together, me & FWit are probably incompatible :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,969 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: 10 day weather forecast

Tomby.

Avra is leased to Olympic holidays for the season. I don't think you can book directly with them. But know harm in asking.

Wales
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: 10 day weather forecast

Tomby, as I've said I know exactly how important good weather is to your kind of holiday, because it is for me too....so I really hope the sun shines for you!!! As for accommodation, we always book it with Exclusively Lindos, but usually book our own flight from Cardiff, well the girls at EL check the price they can get for me, and if it's cheaper than I can get they book it or vice a versa! They are so very patient and helpful! We are currently in an apartment called Villa Angelike, which very close to the centre of the village! We walk around two corners and we're at our first watering hole of the evening.....Lindian House! If you haven't confirmed on your booking yet, I strongly suggest you contact them...just google Exclusively Lindos and their siite comes up, email them and say Lyn sent you..lol!

Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
36. Re: 10 day weather forecast

"Reading my post back I realise, after 20 odd years together, me & FWit are probably incompatible :)"

LOL. I was thinking that as well :-) But, don't forget the old adage, opposites attract

Have you thought of Oz or South Africa ? Wonderful weather (most of the time) great beaches, fantastic food, great wineries - Clare and Barossa in Oz, Stellenbosch in SA etc.. You could even, at a pinch, do SA in a week. Even though it's nearly a 12 hour flight you don't get jet lag as they are on the same time zone as us

Cardiff
Level Contributor
257 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: 10 day weather forecast

Well, it looks like BBC predictions may have been correct with a massive blob coming in over Eastern Med tomorrow.

Looks like it will clear weekend-ish but as my boyfriend is ill & I'd have to come on my own, I've bailed out.

Rebooked for June 11 so hopefully all will go ok for that.

I think this little road trip was doomed from the start :)

Cardiff
Level Contributor
257 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: 10 day weather forecast

To anyone going out there for the next week, I sincerely hope that the bad weather passes quickly, is mainly overnight and you have great weather :)

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: 10 day weather forecast

Erk, I know the weather isn't great for this weekend, but BBC have it as being stormy when we arrive (4th) and for the next couple of days (which is as far as their forecast goes). Great! I'll just have to hope that it improves...

I was in the north of Spain one year as a child when it rained torrentially non-stop for over 48 hours. The holiday company was offering to transfer people down to Barcelona, but we waited it out, and sure enough once the weekend was over it brightened up. Then there was the year in France where we were caught on the edge of a 'hurricane' that actually killed a couple of people in Bordeaux. Pretty spectacular lightening and some ferocious winds, but also very cool.

birmingham
Level Contributor
219 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: 10 day weather forecast

The weather forecast does looks bad for next week but it was the same last year, it only rained for 2 hours in the 14 days we were there, the first year we went 2009 the forecast was rain everyday, we had 1 day of rain and 9 days of beautiful sunshine so I really would not pay any attention just look forward to your holiday,

john.