We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry ticket Rhodes to Santorini... will they sell out?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry ticket Rhodes to Santorini... will they sell out?

I am currently staying in Lindos in Rhodes. I need to go to Santorini on the 28th of May. The ferry leaves at 16:00. Is there anywhere in Lindos I can buy a ticket or reserve a seat online?

Or is there any risk if I leave it until the same day to purchase the ticket at the port that there will be no seats left...

Thanks

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry ticket Rhodes to Santorini... will they sell out?

It's too late to book online - you have to do it at least 4 days before departure. I think you will have no problem buying tickets on the day in Rhodes Town. It's not peak season.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,897 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry ticket Rhodes to Santorini... will they sell out?

You could try island of the sun travel exchange opposite byzanntino restaurant in the centre of lindos they do all types of excursions. Its on the right if coming from the square. Between ikon supermarket and pals bar.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,672 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry ticket Rhodes to Santorini... will they sell out?

You are in the islands so why not use the local ticket agencies. There are several in Lindos. Ask if they deal with Bluestar ferries, some may charge commision.

In Rhodes town there are loads of agencies in and around the New Market building, adjacent to the bus stations.

No good messing around with the internet at this stage.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry ticket Rhodes to Santorini... will they sell out?

I did find that travel agency this morning and they said we will need to go to the old town. Where do I find these local ticket agencies?

I think I will just have to wait until we go to Rhodes town a few hours before the ferry. Surely there will be enough for 2 people not being peak season. Should I check however to see if the ferry is/is not on strike? How do I do this?

Doncaster
Destination Expert
for Lassi
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry ticket Rhodes to Santorini... will they sell out?

Hi!

You are a worrier!

If it is imperative that you make the ferry on that date, why not have a trip up to Rhodes Town on the bus and get your ticket booked? Beats wittering! :-)

Colin

6. Re: Ferry ticket Rhodes to Santorini... will they sell out?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2015, 06:15