We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back!

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Just back!

I'm normally a bit of a lurker on this forum, making the most of other people's knowledge and experience of Lindos so thought it about time I post.

Just back from a very relaxing child-free week in Lindos staying at Lindos Gardens. It's been five years since we last visited Lindos and ten since we last stayed at Lindos Gardens so it was good to see what changes had happened in and around the village and what remains the same.

Got a good deal with Olympic and flew from Gatwick with Travel Service. Slight delay both ways but other than that a relatively pleasant experience.

Spent most days on the beach or at the pool. Took the bus to Rhodes Town on one day and were forced to abandon sunbeds early on another due to rain.

Temperatures cooler and more breezy than on previous visits with most days being in the mid to high 20's, and it was the first time I have ever worn a cardi in the evening. However on Saturday when we left it was about 34c and the wind had dropped.

A little excitement occurred mid week (for the younger visitor anyway) due to "The Saturdays" filming a music video at St Pauls during the day and then later in the village. A very polite young man suggested we move from the small beach due to them being noisy and intrusive, so we watched from afar. Why they didn't want us in it still baffles me!

Lots of lovely meals in the village with Marias and Acropolis being our favourites this time. Our budget didn't allow for a visit to Ambrosia this time so we'll have to save it for our next holiday!

Rhodes Airport was pain free on return due to us being the first coach to arrive so passports checked, luggage scanned and through to departures in less than ten minutes. Amazing!

Already pricing up next years break, however with three little ones in tow it will be an entirely different holiday I'm sure.....

Thank you to everyone who contributes to this forum, I hope you enjoy you all enjoy your holidays this year as much as I did.

new forest
Level Contributor
625 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Just back!

louise - is that you and trev??

Steve

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,969 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Just back!

Just back.

we are on our way. Just waiting for taxi to take us to the station. Fingers crossed lindos about 1930.

13. Re: Just back!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2015, 05:16