We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lindos View Hotel

Scotland
Level Contributor
22 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Lindos View Hotel

Soon to be staying at the Lindos View and wondered if anyone can tell me if the hotel has a currency exchange service? Many thanks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,019 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lindos View Hotel

Hi.

Can't help you with with lindos view. But in the village there is an exchange/travel agent called island of the sun opposite Byzantino restaurant in the centre of the village where you can change monies book rent a car and various excursions.

Peter.

Manchester, England
Level Contributor
168 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lindos View Hotel

You can certainly change American Express travellers cheques if you're a resident - I changed some myself this week (not sure if it makes a difference but they were in Euros.)

Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lindos View Hotel

Yes, it definitely does on reception

Stonehouse scotland
Level Contributor
710 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lindos View Hotel

Hi

The supermarket at BlueSky does it as well- suspect most of the others and hotels do so as well if you get stuck

Mikey

bristol
Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lindos View Hotel

Hi

Yes they do on reception,charge 2% commision,not sure what everyone else charges

Stonehouse scotland
Level Contributor
710 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lindos View Hotel

2% is the going rate most places

Mikey

Brighton
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Lindos View Hotel

the exchange rate given by the atm's was pretty poor last week 1.13..don't know what the exch rate was like generally, I would take plenty of euros with you if you can

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,662 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lindos View Hotel

I'd just check rates with any hotel against those offered in the village. I can't speak for Lindos View but I know the majority of hotels offer a poorer rate, taking their cut that way, as well as in commission.

Manchester, England
Level Contributor
168 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lindos View Hotel

At the Lindos View last week if I cashed 200 Euro in cheques I came out with 196 Euro.

10. Re: Lindos View Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 11:16