We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October!!

Atherton, United...
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
October!!

Its a bit early I know but anyone else going October? I know a few who are there first two weeks so i'Il be arranging the usual get together. My friend is accompanying me this year and shes mad as a box of frogs lol. Love getting together with people I've met there over the years (did first one in 2008, I think) lol. Also love meeting new peeps too!!

Date and venue will be posted nearer the time :)

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: October!!

Hi,

I hope you don't mind me asking but I wondered if you could tell me what the weather is usually like in October? I've heard mixed reviews. I still want to be able to sunbeathe, swim in the sea and ofcourse get a tan!

Atherton, United...
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: October!!

Weather is usually very good. I go every October first two weeks. Its hot but not unbearable, probably mid to high 70s, sometimes hotter. That said the evenings CAN get cool but thats not always the case, take a cardigan, light jacket or pashmina. It can rain occasionally so be prepared but as I said on the whole very good indeed. As for the sea its probably at its warmest in September/October.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: October!!

Thankyou so much for replying :-) Sounds great - We think we will go for it in that case!

wakefield
Level Contributor
188 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: October!!

Hi Babs.

We are there Oct 11th, hope to see you again this year, we met you last Oct in Kalypso. This is the latest holiday we have taken in Lindos, does it get very quiet late October?

Ange and Steve

Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
1,955 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: October!!

Me going :) :) :)

Lyn

Atherton, United...
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: October!!

Hi Ange it gets quieter the further in to October you go naturally but there is still enough open and weather still very good. Thinking of the 9th for the get together as a lot of people are out there from the 1st. I'm there from the 4th. But I'm sure we'll see you around and have a drink.

What dates are you going Lyn?

Preston Lancs
Level Contributor
188 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: October!!

Hi Babs we are there 1st to 8th October may come across each other at some point

Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
1,955 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: October!!

Hi Babs

Not booked yet (as usual) but i expect it will be the 1st

Lyn

Semington, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,826 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: October!!

Hi Babs.

Think I may be at the Coralli 8 to 22 October so will get over to see you hopefully. Still doing good business on your Map! Lol

Dave

Wales
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: October!!

Shame, but we won't be there, we're going early September, because the weather was not brilliant last year end Sept/begining Oct...and we thought it had got a bit quiet for us! I know I'll have loads of people saying they like it like that, which is great for them, but we like it a bit busier...as it was in late May when we were there this year, fantastic!!!