We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My review - 10 years on....

Dunfermline
Level Contributor
177 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
My review - 10 years on....

I last stayed in Lindos in Villa Patrici which I understand is now private and also Philliposs Apartments, which were although basic - had a great view on the top apartment. This was about 10 years ago.

This time we settled for the 1st floor apartment which was pretty big with a large garden style terrace with a rock facing view but very private - and quite pretty.

I was really looking forward to Lindos as my partner and I struggle to choose every year and our best holidays were always there so we thought..why not! And I'm glad to say it's changed v little (as I'm sure most of you regulars know!)

Highlights were the meals, some great meals in Mythos, Olympia and Broccolino. Glad to see some of the bars haven't changed that much, people watching at Bar 404 and the Museum Bar.

To me Lindos By Night is trying to be a bit classier with less tacky music and Socrates has lost it's appeal a wee bit since Alex left and Socrates passed. Alex's restaurant was veryyyy slooowwww to the point we were almost leaving if it wasn't so late!

We hired a car from Rhodos Cars, great customer service and had a cabriolet for a few days, which we loved, but my forehead didn't :-/ Some beaches to recommend were glystra beach - small but has free wifi to keep the kiddies quiet if you have one. Palisades beach and Agathi were both lovely too but a lot busier. Lindos and Pallas were v busy (I'm just back btw) and we preferred it a bit quieter.

If I could recommend one bar it's Dreams Cocktails (just past Socrates on the left), very little people go to it but it's got one of the best views and staff are great.

Met some great people and glad it hasn't changed too much apart from a few rude nationalities which I fear I can't mention on here. Am I going back! Definitely!

Stonehouse scotland
Level Contributor
709 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My review - 10 years on....

Hi Gary

I was one of the first guests when Philipos opened - literally!

I have also stayed in Patricci when it had the small supermarket next door (now closed).

I liked Patricci but not at all toddler friendly at the time- loved the roof terrace and the scary basement under the large sala room.,

We never made LBN this year- might venture up in October.

My favourite restaurant is Broccolino but one night last July it was so hot even I was struggling- best to sit outside as inside is a heat trap even with the fans.

Mikey

Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: My review - 10 years on....

Stayed at Villa Patrici a few years ago. Jaded and faded but wonderful views. Patric Walker had some great parties there in the late 80's to which I was luckily invited. Anyone else remember those wild, waccy baccy parties ??

Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: My review - 10 years on....

Did you like that sunken bath thing Gary, Mikey ??

PS I think the "scary basement" was where he took his conquests

Stonehouse scotland
Level Contributor
709 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My review - 10 years on....

Xeno

Don't remember the sunken bath- probably hidden like the basement.

I suspect some 70's BBC stars may have frequented Patrici in the past!

Kitchen and the lounge was also a bit odd!

Mikey

Edited: 01 August 2014, 23:15
Dunfermline
Level Contributor
177 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My review - 10 years on....

Villa Patrici also had that odd 2 bedrooms but 2 doors leading into the same bathroom situation :-/

Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: My review - 10 years on....

Yes, a very odd layout with the funny outside kitchen thing (that was Patric's personal bar back in the 80's) But what a great sala and if someone had the money and vision it could be one of the very best villas in Lindos. Now where did I put my lottery ticket ? ;-)

Stonehouse scotland
Level Contributor
709 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: My review - 10 years on....

Xeno

I won £4.30 on the Euromillions on Friday- maybe we could share?

Mikey

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
359 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My review - 10 years on....

Party time

London
Level Contributor
796 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: My review - 10 years on....

Scarey basement?.. Now I know i've lost the odd night here and there, but a whole basement? lol

Where was the entrance Xeno? We stayed there for a week a few years back and can't remember this.

Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: My review - 10 years on....

I think there were locked doors under the double bed Gill