We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Medical Centres

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Medical Centres

My son is asthmatic, and has had a few bad attacks this summer, brought on by the high pollen count in the UK. Can anyone tell me whether there is a medical centre in Lindos, or Pefkos, with a nebuliser?

I'm sure this information is probably available in the resort information in our Villa, but I would like to know that there are facilities available, and where they are, just in case we need them in a hurry.

Thanks folks.

Andy

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Medical Centres

Andy. Why not just take one with you,plus the medication

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
574 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Medical Centres

HI, If you have booked through a travel agency you can ask them to find out for you, there is a doctor in Lindos but whether they have a nebuliser or not I couldnt tell you.

'There are a couple of Doctors to choose from in Lindos. Krito Medical Centre - Dr. Dimitris (Telephone 0944 644 888). Dr. C.P. Psaros can be found in the Doctor's Surgery on the route to Lindos Acropolis (Telephone the surgery 0244031452 or 0244031643 or mobile 0945 55 54 11). The surgery times can be found posted outside the respective clinics'.

It might be an idea to maybe give the doctors a call before you go or if you can find their email address! Someone on here may have that info.

Linda

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Medical Centres

Trevor - we have all the medication, and a preventative inhaler that works similary to a nebuliser. The only thing is, if you have ever seen a kid having a bad asthma attack, they aren't always able to take them as they panic - earlier this summer we had the paediatric emergency resuss team in action at the local A&E which was a bit scary. Hence the question, just in case we need help, I would rather be prepared with the knowledge of where to go.

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Medical Centres

Linda - thanks for your reply, that's really useful. We booked independently, but we do have the local agents on the case for us as well. I thought it may be worthwhile posting though, just in case anyone had any local knowledge.

Brighton
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Medical Centres

I wouldn't have thought the pollen count was particularly high in the Lindos Area...it's pretty barren by UK standards. I know I suffer a bit with tree pollen here in late spring/early summer but miracles happen when I get to Rhodes...I guess it depends on what sets you off in the first place though.

Wales
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Medical Centres

I suffer badly with tree pollen, and then grass pollen in the UK, never had a problem when in any Med resorts!

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Medical Centres

Thanks for your replies. That's good news about the pollen count in Rhodes, which should help my son and wife who both suffer.

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,455 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Medical Centres

Hey

I have suffered periodically over the years with Hayfever and it seems to go in cycles for me. Even in bad years back home, I have always found Lindos/Pefkos ok and never really suffered

M

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
574 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Medical Centres

Likewise, Im an asthma sufferer and I always find that I barely use my preventative inhaler (blue) out there although I obviously use the proper medicated one (brown).

Linda

Stonehouse scotland
Level Contributor
709 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Medical Centres

Hi

Going back a while (probably about 11 years)

My daughter then 3 fell and banged her head in Dolphins beach taverna.

We took her to the medical centre in town but they declined to treat her as (unlike in the UK- probably the Greek model is best?) she should be seen by a paediatrician rather than a GP.

The female doctor who was very nice directed us to a doctor in Pefkos or the hospital in Rhodes.

We went to the paediatrician in Pefkos where we received excellent care.

Have an event free holiday!

Mikey