We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please Help!

warwickshire
Level Contributor
80 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Please Help!

Can somebody please help with any comments or opinions on the Lindos Royal Hotel ? I have messaged several people that have posted reviews and nobody replies, when we booked this all the reviews were great but since then they have gone downhill, has anyone been or knows someone that has been that can just give me a true and honest opinion please.

Thanks in advance

Dee

Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Please Help!

I've not really heard of that one unless it is officially known as the Iberostar Lindos Royal ??? If so, it's on the way out of Lindos towards Pefkos, Navarone bay area I think

Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Please Help!

Just had a look....

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g227884-d2968…

I must admit the last few reviews don't look very good !!

If you want a reasonable hotel within walking distance of Lindos why not try up on Krana (the plateau above Lindos. Try Lindos Gardens, Lindos View, Lambis, Horizon etc...They are all tried and tested and are recommended by many on here who go back time and again. A good recommendation in itself !

Edited: 22 August 2014, 18:14
Cardiff
Level Contributor
249 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please Help!

Bit late, though, seeing as dee's already booked it.

Hopefully will be fine and, if not, there's always next time :)

Personally, do not like all inclusives anyway. Had some good and some bad (never done AI in greece though) and no matter how good, always seem overcrowded and under-resourced.

Edited: 22 August 2014, 18:29
warwickshire
Level Contributor
80 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please Help!

Thanks everyone, it was the Iberostar but is now next to the Lindos village hotel and is part of the same company apparently, will just have to hope for the best I suppose.

Thanks

Dee

Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Please Help!

"Bit late, though, seeing as dee's already booked it"

It's never too late to change, contrary to popular opinion. It might cost you a bit in administration charges though !

Cardiff
Level Contributor
249 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please Help!

Good point .. Maybe worth a shot if you are that worried? As you say, this holiday wasn't cheap.

Llanelli, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Please Help!

It is in Vilcha , which is about 2k form Lindos itself 10 euros taxi fare.

When I first went to Lindos I booked a surprise holiday for my husband as he had been before and had loved the place.

I booked the Lindos Star hotel thinking that it would be in the village , however it was and still is in Vlicha, at the time a very quiet area which is in the next bay to Lindos.

We now stay in Krana, and like scores of other people will be returning on 10th September for visit number 27.

We have stayed at many hotels that have had some "grim" reviews but they have usually been fine.

Enjoy your holiday.

8. Re: Please Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Lindos
Recent Conversations