We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beaches in Lindos

herts
7 posts
Save Topic
beaches in Lindos

Hiya,

Am off to Lindos this week,staying at Lindos View apartments and was wondering how far it is to walk to the beach.Am aware that there is a pretty big hill which leads down to the town area but don't know how far it is to walk(have 2 youg children and a husband with 2 slipped discs!!) Thanks,Paula.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beaches in Lindos

Hi

The hill down into Lindos from the main road is not very steep but it is narrow in places and the local taxis race up and down it and expect you to get out the way. Not certain where your apartments are but it'll take you no more than 10 minutes to walk down the hill to the huge tree in the centre by the taxi rank. The town beach in Lindos is always very busy and I'd be inclined to head for St Paul's Bay to the south of the village. Failing that, consider taking a cab (or catching the bus) to Pefkos which is just a couple of miles down the road. The bus'll drop you off in the town square from where it's a short,relatively level walk to the beach which is superb. Alternatively, the cab can drop you off right by the beach. A taxi from Lindos to Pefkos will cost about 6 euros, the bus will be a euro or so. They pick up by the shops on the main road at the top of the hill down to Lindos.

Atherton, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beaches in Lindos

Hiya Paula

The Main beach and Pallas beach are the best beaches, especially for young children, water is warm and shallow and lots of amenities (cafes, bars, supermarkets, toilets etc...) I would say a 20 min stoll from Lindos View St pauls bay is very pretty but deeper and rocky with only one snack bar, 35/40 mins, all the beaches are down (then up of course) fairly steep roads, but there is a bus from the main road (where you also get buses to Rhodes town)down to the Main Square then on to the main beach, there will be notices at the bus stop and in the square with time tables. If you need any more info just let me know.

Babs

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada, Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai
Level Contributor
3,786 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beaches in Lindos

Get the free bus is my advice! That hill is a nightmare, especially when it is hot. Going down is not too bad but even the thought of walking up it after a day on the beach is making me feel poorly right now!!

4. Re: beaches in Lindos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 15:18
Get answers to your questions about Lindos
Recent Conversations