We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BBQ in the Woods?

Surrey
Level Contributor
9 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
BBQ in the Woods?

Managed to get flights, thank goodness! Thanks for advice on weather etc.

When we stayed in Lindos 10 years ago there was a taverna in the woods with Peacocks and I think they did Suckling Pig or BBQ on Sundays. It was a few kilometres outside on the main road towards Faliraki. Does anyone know if its still there, and where it is?

Regards,

Andrea

Mentioned in this post
Faliraki
Faliraki
Rhodes, Greece
Cambridge...
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BBQ in the Woods?

I think you mean Epta Piges.There is a taverna in a wood,with tables on either side of the springs.Also peacocks.Can't help about the BBQ though.

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,813 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BBQ in the Woods?

Sounds like Epta Piges/Seven Springs to me too. I don't eat meat so wouldn't have even noticed if they were doing BBQ but i did eat there once and the food (grilled trout) was excellent, especially if you compare it to the hot dogs/burgers you get at uk tourist attractions!

newcastle
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: BBQ in the Woods?

hey marcus

did you have good hols

where did you stay this time???????????

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,813 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BBQ in the Woods?

Yes thanks!

Lindos Gardens this time cos it was so cheap! Actually it was really nice and not that far too walk at all, i'd stay again if the price was good but i'm back in the village in May!

newcastle
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: BBQ in the Woods?

cool

lindos gardens is at top of the hill isn't it?????

i like the area near the small beach

you can't fault the marianthi for location

is the toto still available had that recommended by someone and it didn't look like it was occupied when i was there in july??????

aaaahhh lindos withdrawal.................

see anything new????????

did you go to reggae bar???????????

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,813 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: BBQ in the Woods?

Hi

Yes Lindos Gardens was at the top so i was a bit dubious being so far out but it wasn't a bad walk at all and the rooms are the best i've ever had in Lindos.

Well nothing new that springs to mind though i'm not complaining - if it aint broke don't try to fix it!

The only Tota i know of was with Airtours when i worked for them and is in Direct Greece brochure now.

7. Re: BBQ in the Woods?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 02:18