We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lindos Mare Wedding Service

UK
5 posts
Save Topic
Lindos Mare Wedding Service

Hello,

I'm planning to get married in Lindos at St Pauls in October 2007. I was wondering if anyone has used the Lindos Mare as their wedding planners. They look good but i would just like peoples views on them. Im also going to have my reception that the Lindos Mare hotel as was wondering if anyone had had their reception there? Or does anyone have any other recommendations for a reception.

I was wondering what the best time of the day is to have the actual wedding service?

Many Thanks

Vicky.

N Ireland
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Lindos Mare Wedding Service

Hello Vicky

We were married at St Pauls Bay on Oct 2nd 2004 - Lindos Mare were not the wedding planners but we used the hotel for the reception.

Ours was a small group (16 people) but the evening I was shown around they were hosting a local wedding of about 60 guests which they handled comfortably.

Our meal was planned in advance with table plans & special requests catered for.It was served on the rooftop restaurant & the tables was beautifully presented & the chairs decorated.

The meal was enjoyed by all & the service friendly but respectful of the occasion.

We have returned to the hotel the last 2 years for our anniversary.

The ony slight drwaback was the rather windy evening & we moved off the terrace towards the end of the meal & into the bar area.

Rhodes tends to be windy at that time of year.

Our wedding was at 6:30 but I would recommend between 5:00 & 5:30 if possible because the light was beginning to fade even though we did get very dramatic photos of the Acropolis in the background.

Good luck

Pamela

Scotland
Level Contributor
511 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lindos Mare Wedding Service

Hi Vicky, im also getting married Oct 07 at St Pauls. 8 Oct, whats your date?

I went to Lindos this year to meet with lindos weddings (whom ive now booked and are great). I went along to the Lindos Mare hotel and met with the wedding planner there. The only thing that put me off having my reception there was the fact they can do about 3 receptions in one night! Dont know about you but I think you should be the only bride there that night! It makes it more special. Also the lady I met with there couldnt confirm my exact date and time of wedding till nearer the time. There was also a language barrier at times which would be quite annoying if there were to be any problems!

Ive decided to have my reception at Ceasars rooftop restaurant. Im also hiring a greek bank and dancers to help us party the night away.

Hope your planning is going well x

3. Re: Lindos Mare Wedding Service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 03:17