We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

st pauls bay

uk
7 posts
Save Topic
st pauls bay

hi i am getting married in october 2005 at st pauls bay lindos and im looking for any imformation on it as i have been looking at a few sites and have been reading some really worrying things. and i just wanted to hear of anyones experinces,and maybe see some pics and hopefully put my mind at ease. thank u k

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,535 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: st pauls bay

Hi, St Pauls Bay is a very picturesque spot and would be beautiful for your wedding pictures. A small, peaceful bay, the church is said to be built at the point where St Paul arrived on the island.

The negatives you might have heard are that the path down to the church is very steep and narrow. True - if you plan on wearing heels i'd walk down in something more sensible and change when you get down to the church.

The marriage ceremony takes place just outside the chapel, in the courtyard (only greek orthodox can marry in the church). It's a civil ceremony carried out by the mayor and so is quite brief but some people do write their own vows.

October should be a good choice as Lindos in the high summer is very, VERY hot. Temperatures in October are normally still very good but not unreasonable.

Good reception venues nearby would be Il Palazetto, a very smart italian restaurant very close to St Paul's or Bacco (above Luna Bar) great food and a rooftop restaurant with fantastic views.

I wouldn't worry too much - Lindos is a fantastic resort, i've holidayed there for over 10 years and even lived on the island for a couple of years.

GOOD LUCK, u won't need it!

Anymore feel free to ask...

uk
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: st pauls bay

thank u 4 your message it was very helpful,im glad u said about the weather thats 1 thing i was really worried about. i am getting married at st pauls bay but will actually be staying in pefkos,do you know of any good venues 4 a reception there.thank u kerri.

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,535 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: st pauls bay

There's a very nice restaurant called Colliseum (or if not something v similar, i'm not great with names!) just off the main road, in the centre of Pefkos - open air/garden restaurant with great food.

Though you might find somewhere u like better as Pefkos has grown so much, there seems to be new places opening every year.

England
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: st pauls bay

Hello. I am getting married in 10 days time outside St Pauls Bay Chapel. Thank you for the heads up on the heels I will be prepared with a nice set off flatties. I am a little worried about the heat but I am hoping there will be a slight breeze from the sea (please say there will be a breeze). I will let you know when we get back.

Hartlepool
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: st pauls bay

Hi There,

My wife and I were married in Lindos 2 years ago and it was absolutely fantastic. We spent two weeks there staying at the Lindos Top Apartments and married at the chapel on St Pauls Bay at around 6 in the evening so it wasnt crayyyyyzy hot........like it was for the whole two weeks......real hot.

Dont know what you've read but Lindos is such a great, easy going place and I'm sure you'll have an ace time.

England
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: st pauls bay

We had a fantastic time in Lindos, getting married. It was amazing everything myself and my husband dreamed of. It was hot.... very very hot but amazing. The ceremony is over so quick but lovely. I don't think we could of chosen a better spot to be married.

Seemed a bit funny going back for the wedding certificate on a different day and when you go for the certificate make sure you take a bottle of water with you as it is very hot. We also took fans as there is no air conditioning in the town hall.

The hill is steep but manageable, I wore toe bar heels and managed to walk up and down.

Paradise it definately is. Would I suggest to friends to go there to be married MOST DEFINATELY.

Scotland
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: st pauls bay

Hi Kesta

I got married in June at St Paul's Bay and it was absolutely beautiful! It was really hot though and I would agree not to wear heels. My dress had a train and got a bit dirty but it was easily wiped off. We had our reception at the Coliseum restaurant in Pefkos with a Greek band and dancers. It was a bit expensive but worth every penny.

Hope your day goes just as well.

Enjoy!!

uk
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: st pauls bay

thanx loads 4 getting back 2 me beenbride, and congratulations on your marrige.as you can imagion im gettig a wee bit nervours as i have only 8 weeks 2 go. how long did the actual ceromony last,and could you take conffeti {mother in law 2 be wants to know}. any other info would be great.thanks again. k

Scotland
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: st pauls bay

Hi Kesta

We were told not to take confetti but found out that you can use it on the day. The ceremony lasts about 5 minutes but you will be glad of that in the heat. Remember and take plenty of water as the heat really gets to you. If you are travelling with first choice the photographer is brilliant. It is a lot cheaper than first expected and the photos were really natural. The wedding co-ordinator was brilliant too and they make sure that everything runs smoothly on the day. We only found out last week that our birth certificates wouldn't be returned to us so get copies done before you go. Hope your day goes really well and you have a great time like we did.

manchester uk
Level Contributor
24 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: st pauls bay

hi, were getting married in september at saint pauls bay, we have booked the daniel hotel for our evening reception it only cost ������10 pp and that includes a bbq ( steak, chicken etc ), theres also the music and kareoke we have had good communications from the owners there, they are very helpfull, they are even putting us up on our wedding night for free, the hotel is halfway to lindos and pefkos