We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in May

South Wales
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in May

Off to Limone on the 8th May 2010 and was wondering if anyone has an idea what sort of weather I can expect ?

Thanks

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich, Bali
Level Contributor
9,973 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in May

Variable, changeable who knows. I've known it to have hail storms like golf balls temp at 10degC or be really warm (pushing 30degC). Certainly one thing to remember is that the further north in the lake you are then the local weather system is heavily influenced by the local mountains and the Alps beyond. Areas like Limone and Riva can be completely different to the south end of the lake. If you click on my user name and photos there are a couple of pics from late May a couple of years ago and the Venice pics are early May (suffice to say that year early May was glorious). Last year May was good. The 2 years before was the worst I have seen it in my 17 years of visiting Lake Garda.

South Wales
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in May

Thank you

Sound as if we may need to pack for all weathers !!!!!

Renfrewshire
Level Contributor
7 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in May

Hi, I've just booked to go in the middle of March so will do likewise.. I'm arriving into Milan airport.. Do you know how best to connect to get to Limone sul Garda? Thanks

Greensboro, NC
Level Contributor
974 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in May

Hope this helps. Enjoy Italia!

http://www.limoneitaly.com/weather.php

Verona, Italy
Destination Expert
for Verona
Level Contributor
1,605 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in May

Keep in mind Limone is quite windy in regular weather (thermal winds, mounts to valley in the morning, and back in the afternoon)

Ciao

Francesco

Renfrewshire
Level Contributor
7 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in May

Hope to receive some advice on how best to travel from Milan Limone airport to my resort? Thanks

7. Re: Weather in May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2010, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Limone sul Garda