We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dolomites tour

Prestwick, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
Dolomites tour

Can anyone tell me anything about the Dolomites tour,how long does it last, what do we see.Im doing the tours to Verona,Venice and the tour of lake Garda,but still undecided about the Dolomites,any info would be great.

Mentioned in this post
Verona
Verona
Province of Verona, Italy
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Latina, Italy
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dolomites tour

Which Dolomites tour? Whose Dolomites tour? Where exactly does it go? How much does it cost?

Italy
Level Contributor
6,187 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dolomites tour

Give a look here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolomites

Dolomites is a very vague term.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
8,535 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dolomites tour

Hi, I'm assuming you mean the organised excursion with Thomson/Crystal. They use Europlan for their excursions - you'll find the details here:

europlan.it/en/52/ourproposal/dolomites.php

I actually think that the Dolomites excursion is one of the better ones but you really need a good day to get the most out of it.

These threads discussing the trip may help:

tripadvisor.co.uk/…46576262

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1850051-i22753-…

Latina, Italy
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dolomites tour

Scozzese to the rescue! Good. Yes, if that's the tour then it looks pretty good. When will you be going? I was in the Val Gardena area last week and it is really stupendous. If you go up in the cable car (it's nearly 10,000 feet) it will be very chilly up there, even in high summer. We tried it one year and had to hurry back down again as we had stupidly not gone prepared.

Prestwick, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dolomites tour

I fly out on 31st August for two weeks so it could be any of these two weeks,what time do the excursions start and return.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
8,535 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dolomites tour

Hi, the times are in the link I gave above.

From Limone the tours are on Mondays and Thursdays. The pick-up time is shown as 8.05 and the return is around 19.00.

Price is €52 per adult.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Limone
Hotel Limone
87 Reviews
Limone sul Garda, Italy
Orchards, Washington
Level Contributor
16 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dolomites tour

If you can spare a few nights, I would highly recommend Castlerotto and Haus Silbernagl. Petra will find you a great day hike in seiser alm after a hearty breakfast with transport by bus and cable car. Castlerotto is easily and cheaply reached by an exciting bus ride from Bolzano, a nice place to stop on market day and a quick side trip to the Otzi the Ice Man museum. Haus Silbernagl is a short walk from the bus terminal.

Mentioned in this post
Bolzano
Bolzano
Province of South Tyrol, Italy
London
Level Contributor
1,875 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dolomites tour

Our first trip to Italy was a holiday in Lake Garda. We did all the trips that the OP mentioned including the Dolomites tour. All were very good and IMO the organised Dolomites tour is worth going on.

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
Prestwick, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dolomites tour

Thanks for every bodies feed back.

10. Re: Dolomites tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2014, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about Limone sul Garda