We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sports bars

European Rail Travel
Level Contributor
58 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Sports bars

I arrive in Limone on 17th May from Scotland. That day, my football team, St. Johnstone, play in the Scottish Cup Final for the 1st time in their 130 year history.

I am gutted that I won't be there to see it, but am wondering if there are sports bars in Limone that may have Sky Sports UK, who will be covering the game ?

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
7,695 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sports bars

Hi, to be honest it's unlikely that anywhere will be showing a Scottish final, unfortunately! If it had been English Premiership football there might have been a chance.

We were in Riva del Garda last May when there was an important match my husband wanted to see. He asked (more in hope than expectation) in Marilyn's Irish Bar if they would/could be showing it. No luck - he had to rely on texts from friends back home.

European Rail Travel
Level Contributor
58 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sports bars

Thank you Scozezze. Kind of thought that :-(

Anyway, maybe the hotel we are staying in will have computer and I could log onto it.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
7,695 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sports bars

Enjoy Limone, hope you have a good time.

Rovato, Italy
Level Contributor
92 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sports bars

Hi dsm

I understand about your worry about the final (honestly, if I were you I would have stayed at home :-).

Don't desperate: I'm confident that, somehow, your hotel will find a way to make you see the match. Did you ask them if they have Sky Sports UK? If so, and and if unfortunately your hotel won't be able to make the match visible, you still have two options:

1. watch the final on live streaming over the Internet (best option)

2. many betting shops allow to see sport events on tv. You won't find any in Limone, but you can try in Salò, Riva, Desenzano or Brescia.

Good luck!

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
7,695 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sports bars

If any Italian team, German team, Spanish team etc. is playing on that date then they will take precedence over any Scottish matches.

6. Re: Sports bars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2015, 05:16