We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camogli similar to Santa Margherita?

Perth, Scotland
Level Contributor
47 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Camogli similar to Santa Margherita?

We loved Santa Margherita when we stayed last year so want to return to the same area this year. how does Camogli compare? Thanks

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Camogli similar to Santa Margherita?

I can see how often the ferry goes on red line from Camogli to cinque terre (10am-arrive 11:30am), then I noticed at the bottom it says

"The ticket for Cinque Terre includes stops for around one hour in Vernazza and 2 hours and 30 minutes in Monterosso. "

Is this the only return ferry back to Camogli, 2.5 hrs later?

And how about the green line. Camogli to S.Fruttuso or Portofino, it only says going to is at 3pm and arrive in Portofino at 3:50pm.

I'm curious is there only 1 ferry a day?

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
30,682 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Camogli similar to Santa Margherita?

These aren't really ferries. They're excursion boats, though one way fares are possible, called 'single' in British English on the tariff webpage posted by Vagabonda. Most people use these boats for an out-and-back cruise.

Note that there are now no Red line boats until next June and the Green line boats are Saturdays and Sundays only until the end of September when they finish.

Only the Blue line boats to San Fruttuoso are a true regular ferry service. You can connect from these onto the www.traghettiportofino.it/index4242.html… boats at San Fruttuoso, though from October 1st the number of these drops to two a day in each direction.

Edited: 17 September 2013, 14:35
Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Camogli similar to Santa Margherita?

Too bad, was hoping to arrive to Monterosso or Vernazza by boat for the lovely view from sea and maybe return by train.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
30,682 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Camogli similar to Santa Margherita?

You can arrive at both of those villages by boat, if you take the train to Riomaggiore and get one of the Cinque Terre boats back to Monterosso. These boats run until early November.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Camogli similar to Santa Margherita?

Thanks perlizia, I will be in camogli tomorrow through Sunday.

Where can I find info on your suggestion of a boat from Riomaggiore to Monterosso?

Or will I still be able to take the green line from camogli this Saturday?

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
30,682 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: Camogli similar to Santa Margherita?

Cinque Terre boat times are at www.navigazionegolfodeipoeti.it/orario.asp…

There is a Verde (green) line boat from Camogli this Saturday afternoon, but as that line only goes to Portofino it will be no help for getting to the Cinque Terre.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Camogli similar to Santa Margherita?

I feel badly that I never saw this question - and here I am 2 years later planning my May return to Camogli - at the same apartment - which we LOVED and can't wait to return to....hope you enjoyed your vacation .....!

Perth, Scotland
Level Contributor
47 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Camogli similar to Santa Margherita?

Deb we went to a Camogli and loved it! We will go back too - in fact my sister and brother-in-law are there at the moment after seeing our photos.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
14,970 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Camogli similar to Santa Margherita?

Go see the film a Trip to Italy as it features the area and a really lovely hotel in Camogli. The movie is a feast for the senses specially if you are traveling to Italy and the coast

30. Re: Camogli similar to Santa Margherita?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2016, 10:16