We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry from portofino to camogli?

Which Camogli hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
hawaii
Level Contributor
147 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry from portofino to camogli?

Ciao, does anyone know if one can ferry frequently or even a couple times a day between portofino and camogli?

Will be at port with a cruise to portofino for a long day and night in October...Mama can't hike the rocky wilderness trails, but would like to see the village of portofino and then maybe one other..Santa margherita looked a little big...any tips appreciated..also, she doesn't love riding the bus, but would if that's a better way to get around,,grazie!

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
3,850 posts
735 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry from portofino to camogli?

Perhaps there isn't exactly what you need, but you can find some navigation options from Portofino at

www.traghettiportofino.it/index.php…

Brun066

hawaii
Level Contributor
147 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry from portofino to camogli?

Grazie Mille!

Brentwood, United...
Level Contributor
2,611 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry from portofino to camogli?

See this Thread for ferry from Camogli to San Frutuosso from which there is a regular ferry to Portofino. You can return by bus or ferry to Santa Margarhertia Ligure . Then train back to Genoa.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g227888-i2859-k3…

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,523 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry from portofino to camogli?

Trasporti Marittimi Turistici Golfo Paradiso runs the service between Portofino and Camogli and there is no service in October.

www.golfoparadiso.it/public/php/index.php…

golfoparadiso.it/public/php/lineaverde.php…

Here's the entire 2013 schedule.

golfoparadiso.it/public/php/pdf/Orari2013.pdf

Vagabonda

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,523 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry from portofino to camogli?

You could take the Tigullio service from Portofino to San Fruttuoso and then Golfo Paradiso from San Fruttuoso to Camogli (weather permitting).

http://www.traghettiportofino.it/

www.golfoparadiso.it/public/php/lineablu.php…

Vagabonda

hawaii
Level Contributor
147 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferry from portofino to camogli?

Grazie everyone! San Fruttuoso looks and sounds good...thinking we might enjoy being there for a couple hours...how is the terrain/ surface for walking, flat and even, or cobblestone and steep? Will things be open in mid-October?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,687 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ferry from portofino to camogli?

This place is the size of a pea - mostly a beach (beautiful) in a wonderful cove/inlet; there's not a village really. It is gorgeous to visit, swim, lay on the beach - visit the church. I had a long great lunch there but it was many years ago and I was with my parents who were in their early 70s at the time; there was a bit of a walk (incline) to the restaurant. We had taken the boat over from Portofino.

I suggest you google images of it - the photos that come up are very representative of this little jewel. The water was amazing. Not sure what will be open in mid-October, though I suspect places to eat will still be open and the weather can still be warm.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,523 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Ferry from portofino to camogli?

San Fruttuoso is really not your optimal option for a day in October, and walking is not that easy with a pebbly beach.

http://goo.gl/Rqc9e

Vagabonda

hawaii
Level Contributor
147 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ferry from portofino to camogli?

Thanks everyone...

What would you recommend To see in the area? We'll be at port on a Sunday from 9 am to 11 pm...

Portofino will be nice to visit for a few hours...was looking for another place not too far for the rest of the day...thanks a lot, Pono

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,687 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ferry from portofino to camogli?

Santa Margherita Ligure is lovely and very close to Portofino - nice areas to stroll - do a google image search to see photographs.

Get answers to your questions about Camogli