We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

searching for relatives

monroe.ny
1 post
Save Topic
searching for relatives

My Grandfather came to America when he was very young, he left all his family in Quartu Sant Elena. We want to go search for them this year. We have old letters and addresses all written in Italian, but no one here speaks Italian anymore and we can't read the letters. They spell their last name Marongiu. It was changed to Marone when me grandfather came here. My great grandmother's name was Ledda Greca. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about searching for them?

Wisconsin
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: searching for relatives

I saw your message about finding your relatives. My Grandparents (now deceased) are from two different towns in Sardinia - Grandmother from Bono and Grandfather from Orgosolo. My Mother Catherine who is now 79 worked with my Aunt to find our relatives in Sardinia two years ago. I would love for her to talk to you as she speaks Sardo quite well and she might be able to assist you. She could tell you how to find your relatives through the churches/priests in the towns. I am not sure exactly how they did it, I am sure she could assist you.

Please send me your email and I will forward it to my Mother. By the way we have now made two trips to Sardinia - each year and we stay with our relatives - they are so wonderful and are so happy to have found us - it's an incredible story.

Marianne

Gonnesa
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: searching for relatives

Hello from the south-west-coast: we're living appr. 50km from Quartu St. Elena. If you like and still need help, I could search from here for informations...

Get answers to your questions about Quartu Sant'Elena