We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

holland bus services, amsterdam to duinrell

Sunderland, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
holland bus services, amsterdam to duinrell

Hi, I am going back to Duinrell holiday camp, but this time I want to try to get to duinrell directly from amsterdam city centre.I was wondering if there is a direct bus service? Any help greatfully accepted, approx cost, bus number etc.

Wassenaar
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: holland bus services, amsterdam to duinrell

As far as I know, there is no direct bus service to Amsterdam city centre. They started with one to Schipol Airport last year tough. If that sill runs, you can take that to travel to the airport and there switch and continue your trip to Amsterdam.

The you can choose 2 ways to get into Amsterdam besides the way described above.

1) Take the number 90 bus, to The Hague CS, get out at the third stop, just after the bus has turned right, there cross the road and get on the number 43 bus, into direction Leiden CS. From there its easy to get a direct train into Amsterdam.

2) Walk thru the high street (langstraat), you'll find this street when you continue walking straight on from the site, towards the church. Turn left at the second roundabout (smaller then the first one) and take bus number 43 on the right side of the road. Into the direction of Leiden CS. This walk will take about 15 minutes.

A third option, is a very long, scenic and touristy one.

Take bus number 90 into the direction of Haarlem CS. This bus will then go all along little villages in between Leiden and Haarlem, along the coastline.

From Haarlem, its easy to get a train or bus into Amsterdam.

This way will take hours tough, it's a really long busdrive.

Hoofddorp, The...
Level Contributor
939 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: holland bus services, amsterdam to duinrell

Hello,

Go to below website click English on top, than search (station) Amsterdam Centraal to Duinrel Wassenaar.

Vic

http://www.9292ov.nl/9292ov1.asp

Sunderland, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: holland bus services, amsterdam to duinrell

thanks for the help, I am going to Duinrell in August and I think I am sorted now, but now we are going to use the "fasttrain" from Amsterdam directly to Den Haag then the No 491 bus directly to Duinrell the info I have managed to dig up suggests this bus service is available July & August. Does anyboby have experience of this trip and are the services reliable.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
38,440 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: holland bus services, amsterdam to duinrell

Public transport in NL is very reliable so I would not worry about it too much.

I'm pretty sure that the camp run a couple of busses a day to Amsterdam, or at least they used to. My advice would be to e-mail the park and ask them what time their busses run and if you can book a seat on one.

5. Re: holland bus services, amsterdam to duinrell

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2009, 05:25