We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which company to book with, going to Duinrell Holiday Park

scotland
Level Contributor
106 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Which company to book with, going to Duinrell Holiday Park

Hi,

I wonder if anyone could help me decide which to book with, I havent read any bad points booking with Duinrell itself but it is a bit expensive because the ferry is a separate booking.

I looked at Eurocamp and it is £200+ cheaper including the ferry but read so many bad reviews,..should i just go with Eurocamp or is there any other companies that you can suggest?

another thing, how is the weather in first week of July, we are from Scotland and anything warmer is better :-)

thanks very much

Lyn

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
153 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which company to book with, going to Duinrell Holiday Park

Hi. I stated a similar thread on here last year!

We are going next weekend for the third time. It will be our second time with Canvas, and tbh, we did think about whether we should book with them again, because of an experience last year of being sandwiched between a number of families who were a bit loud for our liking, and imposing on our space!

I think though, that we were just unlucky where we were positioned, as it could have happened with any of the other operators on the park!

The Canvas vans themselves were just fine,- not really any different from the Eurocamp ones which we stayed in the year previously. The only thing i preferred was where our Eurocamp van was sited!

We looked at all of the operators last year, when we were looking to book, and Canvas came out cheapest again, for our dates and for booking early. We also got a loyalty discount bonus as we had holidayed with them before,- although i think all of the companies have their own loyalty scheme for repeat bookers.

We are staying with KeyCamp (not in Dunirell) later in the year, so will be good to compare their set up to the others as well..

TBH though, i would book with whichever one was the cheapest for your dates, as they are all much of a muchness. We were beside Selectcamp vans last year, and they were very similar to the Canvas ones- but with a really attractive decking and cover.

I think i would book with them in the future, as they are very competitively priced!

Whoever you book with though, Dunirell is great, and you will have a wonderful time.

As far as the weather goes, well i'm afraid we have been in late July and the weather was pretty awful!

Last year in May it was mixed, and ever the optimist, we are hoping for lovely sunny dry weather this year. A friend went at Easter a few years ago and was on the beach. You just never can tell!

WE SHALL SEE!! . TBH, it is northern Europe, so weather not much different from here, so i would go prepared for anything, and it will be a bonus if you get decent weather.

Happy planning

London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Which company to book with, going to Duinrell Holiday Park

Trust me, we've been to Duinrell six times and book four duingalows for the whole family on the first occassion we booked with keycamp, the same company as eurocamp, never again. The piddely little caravans were not ready, one had no shower, another no heater and we had to change after two days because of overbooking. Please, please trust me book with Duinrell direct, the duingalows are great, far bigger and better equipped than any of the subcontractors and there is not much difference in price, well, well worth the extra.

Wales
Level Contributor
620 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which company to book with, going to Duinrell Holiday Park

Thomson al fresco up cheaper for us in August

Borders, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which company to book with, going to Duinrell Holiday Park

Great thread. So it sounds like booking with the park direct for a Duingalow is the best option? Anyone know when is the best time to book for early-bird offers etc? Thanks

Edited: 02 May 2014, 11:27
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
153 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which company to book with, going to Duinrell Holiday Park

We're staying with Eurocamp. Paid just under £200 for five nights booking early. We are taking the Eurostar to Calais, and driving from there.

We paid for the Eurotumnnel with Tesco vouchers, so all and all a pretty cheap trip!

The Duingalows look really nice, but usually more expensive, and get snapped up quickly. I don't think there are usually early booking offers like you get with Eurocamp Canvas etc..

Dunblane, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which company to book with, going to Duinrell Holiday Park

Hi, we too are from scotland and this is our third trip to duinrell. The first time we went in late June, as soon as the schools broke up, and stayed with canvas. Can't remember the exact cost but it must have been the cheapest. As the other poster said we were in what seemed to be a large area not far from the theme park where there was no actual designated spaces for the vans, therefore we felt like we didn't have much privacy. As we have an autistic son it was quite a challenging time. The second time we went was in the October holiday and we booked with keycamp. This time we were placed on "the Island" which was much better. The whole area was much less open and we felt like we had some space of our own. However, because it was October people weren't using their outside space like they were in the summer so maybe I'm not comparing like with like! We are going again at the end of June and have booked a premium xl 6 person duingalow for around £500 I think. It was a special offer on during the start of the year. We get a free bike and free passes to the tikibad so it was a great deal. We looked at this area the last time we were there and the cabins are lovely and in a great area of the park so we are really looking forward to this visit. The weather was great the last time we were there in late June. Although not as hot as Italy, where we usually go, we were still sunbathing on the beach. Duinrell is a great place and our boys love. Wassenaar is a beautiful town as is Leiden.

Ballymoney, United...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Which company to book with, going to Duinrell Holiday Park

100% we went with eurocamp last year going with duinrell this year far better houses.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which company to book with, going to Duinrell Holiday Park

I think you need to take your travel plans into consideration as well as the accommodation price, particularly if you're on a budget. If we had booked direct with Duinrell we would have had to book our ferry independently at £550. Booking via eurocamp we got the exact same ferry crossing but better cabins for £301 so a big saving and this seems to also apply to Al Fresco, Keycamp Canvas etc. Plus if you have Tesco clubcard vouchers you can use those against al fresco bookings.

We've not been yet (3 weeks to go) so I am saying this without seeing the accommodation but sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture. It also depends on your plans for the holiday, if you spend a lot of time in your accommodation and cook a lot then booking direct would be more appealing but if you intend to be out most of the time you may as well save as much money as you can.

I am assuming that by booking direct you would have to pay in Euros, if so then the exchange rate and any loading your bank or credit card add need to be factored in and they add tourist tax and booking fees.

9. Re: Which company to book with, going to Duinrell Holiday Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2016, 16:15