We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time to holland what to expect weather 1st week July

Strabane
Level Contributor
563 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
first time to holland what to expect weather 1st week July

hi traveling to duinrell 1st July wondering what weather normally like this type year asc first time to Holland usually do Spain or France not sure what to pack any advice appreciated

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
40,436 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first time to holland what to expect weather 1st week July

I live here and have no idea what the weather will be like. Check the forecast before you leave.

Strabane
Level Contributor
563 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first time to holland what to expect weather 1st week July

well I know weather Iis unpredictable but thought somebody could advise what to normally expect this time of year I.,e. temperature !!

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,180 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: first time to holland what to expect weather 1st week July

like ron says, who lives right there in the center of amsterdam, cant predict this far out...could be warm with blue skys or freezin a$$ cold and windy and rainy...

this is weather site i use..its in dutch but you can figure it out

weer.nl/wereldweer/…amsterdam.html

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: first time to holland what to expect weather 1st week July

We have no normal temperatures, especially the last decade or more our climate has been up and down, breaking heat records in winter, rain records, and coldest May ever records.

Our entire spring has felt like late autumn / early winter (think New York) and I'd be surprised if temperatures suddenly went above 15 degrees Celsius next week, but you never know.

We can even have two or three seasons in one day, hail at one point and blazing sunshine later on. Welcome to the Netherlands...

Pack layers which can be combined and taken off according to the weather and temperatures. Bring or buy a small umbrella or buy a disposable rain poncho at HEMA when you're here.

My preferred app / site for detailed weather forecasts is windfinder.com but it's right about 80% of the times. As most websites.

Cecilia

Amsterdam

cile.home.xs4all.nl/travel/amsterdam_tips.htm

Edited: 24 June 2013, 23:07
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
40,436 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: first time to holland what to expect weather 1st week July

I expect it to be 30C but it looks like this summer what i will get is a big gas bill from where my heating is constantly on. 7 day forecast mentions around the 20C mark from the 1st July

6. Re: first time to holland what to expect weather 1st week July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2014, 07:19