We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do we need duvets in April?

Orkney
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Do we need duvets in April?

We are staying with Thomson al Fresco in mid April. I think we are only provided with blankets and even the Linen packs dont provide duvets. My question is will we need them. I am debating wether to buy cheap duvets, vaccum pack them and take them with us or take sleeping bags?

Luxembourg City...
Destination Expert
for Luxembourg City
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Do we need duvets in April?

According to the American site, there are no duvets in the linen package because "Pillows and blankets are provided in the mobile home". I assume it will be the same in the Netherlands.

It won't be hot in April, so you will definitely need either a duvet or a blanket.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
7,696 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do we need duvets in April?

A blanket should do the trick as well. Does the mobile home have a heater? If not, you might want to bring an electrical heater.

Haarlem, The...
Level Contributor
1,691 posts
307 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do we need duvets in April?

The blankets are very warm (wool) blankets most likely. I don't know anyone in the Netherlands that would not sleep under a duvet in April.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
55,493 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do we need duvets in April?

So that means either use the blankets and bring your own bedsheets, or bring duvets. Seeing the volume a duvet takes up in your luggage _we_ would know what we'd do ;-)

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Clitheroe, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do we need duvets in April?

Yes most definitely. We go in April every year and after our first visit 7 years ago when it was so cold I splashed out valuable spending money on duvets for a family of 6 of us I always pack sleeping bags. I have considered vacuum packing them but not sure how we would vacuum them on the way back. Beautiful spring days but very cold nights. Never stops me going though I love the place. :-)

Clitheroe, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do we need duvets in April?

Yes most definitely. We go in April every year and after our first visit 7 years ago when it was so cold I splashed out valuable spending money on duvets for a family of 6 of us I always pack sleeping bags. I have considered vacuum packing them but not sure how we would vacuum them on the way back. Beautiful spring days but very cold nights. Never stops me going though I love the place. :-)

Orkney
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Do we need duvets in April?

Thanks for the reply, I have bought sleeeping bags for the kids and intend to take hot water bottles just incase.

8. Re: Do we need duvets in April?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2015, 05:17