We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimming with a baby

Which Wassenaar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Shropshire, UK
Level Contributor
161 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Swimming with a baby

Hi

We are visiting Duinrell in September with our son who will be 3 and daughter who will be 4 months old. I understand children need swimming aids to enter the Tiki pool. We have armbands which I believe will be suitable for our son but don't know what is required for a baby? Will she need something too?

Thanks for any help,

David

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1,847 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swimming with a baby

There is no information about wat to bring for a baby, but all persons below 1.20 meters must have a floating device. The website mentions a baby float eg www.baby-dump.nl/index.php…

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1,847 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swimming with a baby

While searching for an answer I came across several opinions given by parents about Tikibad not being suitable for babies, they claim that the water is toon cold,it's too crowded and so on.

I haven't been myself so I can't give a personal recommendation, just want to inform you, maybe it's no issue at all.

Edited: 09 July 2014, 08:41
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swimming with a baby

Hi, We're going to Duinrell for the first time next week. I'll watch out for any babies in the pool and report back on our return.

If the water is too cold then there are always baby wetsuits (body only, they don't have arms and legs) which both my daughters wore when they went to baby swimming from a few weeks old in much cooler water. You can normally pick second hand ones up on eBay very reasonably.

I would have thought that one of those inflatable rings with a sling seat and holes their legs go through would be the easiest option.

Will definitely report back.

Western Ireland...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Swimming with a baby

there is a small baby pool to the left as you go in, you don't require swim aids there, but once you go into main pool you have to have swim aids. the small pool is warm and has small slide.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Swimming with a baby

Hi,

Reporting back as promised. We were at Duinrell last week and spent loads of time in the outdoor pool. All the young babies I saw had those swim rings with the attached sling seat, they are available to buy at the shops at Duinrell and not too overpriced but still probably cheaper to get one before you go. The outdoor pool is freezing so I would recommend a baby wetsuit as well. The baby outdoor pool is more of a paddling pool/splash zone and is pretty cold until the sun warms it up and we had 34 degrees while we were there and it was still cold. We only went to the indoor pool once as the weather was so nice but although the air temperature is warm the water is still quite cool so for a 4 month old would again recommend a baby wetsuit or else you'll have to get her out of the water after about 20 minutes. There is a baby pool indoors but we didn't go in it. I hope this helps.

Shropshire, UK
Level Contributor
161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Swimming with a baby

Hi Holidaybargains

Thanks very much for reporting back, we've bought a yellow inflatable ring with seat and a little wetsuit so hopefully we are all good to go. One of us can always get our a bit earlier if needs be! We are really excited about our trip.

Thanks for everyone's help.

David

7. Re: Swimming with a baby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2016, 20:15