We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi help please- here now.

UK
Level Contributor
165 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi help please- here now.

Hi,

Which is the best taxi firm please just for a journey to vilamoura? Also what sort of price is it please? I rung one taxi but the lady just said they don't give prices it's on the meter but I have no idea if it'll be 10 or 100 euros! Any help would be appreciated please! Thanks in advance!

Sally

15 replies to this topic
Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon
Level Contributor
23,938 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi help please- here now.

Quarteira is so close to Vilamoura then it can not be more then 10/15€ or even less.

Mentioned in this post
Quarteira
Quarteira
Faro District, Portugal
Vilamoura
Vilamoura
Quarteira, Portugal
UK
Level Contributor
165 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi help please- here now.

We are actually in Vila sol. Could I just also ask if we go to vilamoura is that where the beach is please? We have a little girl so only wanting to go for a couple of hours.

Thanks again

Sally

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
4,043 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi help please- here now.

Sally, Vilamoura is a short taxi ride away. There must be taxis at the Vila sol resort. It can be no more than 8- 10 euros. If you ask for the Ampalius Hotel that will take you right to the beach. There is a taxi rank at the top of the small road where the hotel is for your return trip. Hope that helps you.

Edited: 24 September 2017, 09:35
Mentioned in this post
Vilamoura
Vilamoura
Quarteira, Portugal
UK
Level Contributor
165 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi help please- here now.

Thanks so much that's perfect! We are at an apartment so there's no one to ask really! Will ring the taxi company I called earlier, I just googled them.

Thanks again for your help!

Sally

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
55,272 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi help please- here now.

You can estimate fares at €3,50 for the first 2km (minimum fare) then 90 cents per km. Weekend and night fares are generally 20% higher. All taxis have meters, you pay what is on the meter.

The distance Vila Sol to the marina is about 7km, so those numbers mentioned earlier won't be far off.

Edited: 24 September 2017, 10:03
UK
Level Contributor
165 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi help please- here now.

Thank you very much!

Aylesbury, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi help please- here now.

I took a taxi from the rank at Vilamoura marina yesterday and got off at the back of the Dom Jose hotel in Quarteira seafront.. It cost €4.50.

Mentioned in this post
Vilamoura
Vilamoura
Quarteira, Portugal
Quarteira
Quarteira
Faro District, Portugal
Lanarkshire
Destination Expert
for Quarteira, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
3,408 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi help please- here now.

For Vila Sol, you can use +351 919 222 230

This is a very professional service we have been using for years and their cost is 9 EUR to the Marina however they are very punctual and its all private people carriers so especially good for families.

When you call, you will likely speak to Manuel or his son Roger and they know the Vila Sol area really well so just say your Block Number and Apartment number and they will find you.

Hope that helps for future and apologies i didnt see it earlier.

Edited: 24 September 2017, 16:55
Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
4,043 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi help please- here now.

Oddly enough my friend has just given me Manuels card!! They certainly recommended them.

UK
Level Contributor
165 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi help please- here now.

That's absolutely brilliant! It's for tomorrow so I will call them! Thank you all again so much! Great help!

Now does anyone know any pizza delivery who deliver to Vila sol!? Ha ha. Thanks again!

Reply to: Taxi help please- here now.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted