We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

staying at the Hilton in Vilamoura

Which Vilamoura hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
boston,ma
Level Contributor
2 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
staying at the Hilton in Vilamoura

Hello

I am planning a trip to Vilamoura for early September and I am interested in things to do, restaurants, driving and the weather. I'm told that this should be the end of the hot season but not quite the rainy season. I will be staying at the Hilton and I read that it is verye expensive to eat at the hotel. What side of the road do you drive on? I have traveled in other countries but if the roads are not labeled it might be challenging. Can I use my GPS there? Any advice would be most appreciated.

Dee

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon
Level Contributor
2,539 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: staying at the Hilton in Vilamoura

It wont likely rain and the weather usualy it's great in the Algarve in September, same side as in the US (right), you can bring your GPS into the country (unlike Russia for instance) we use 220 volts and our plugs are C and F:

http://kropla.com/electric.htm

Bye

Hereford, United...
Level Contributor
127 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: staying at the Hilton in Vilamoura

We stayed at the Hilton in Vilamoura last summer and although the restaurant was nice it was very expensive. Best bet take a short taxi ride for just a few euros and dine at one of the many many restaurants in the Marina.

Early Sept will still be warm but not to hot, with little chance of any rain.

If your GPS has Europe it should work fine.

3. Re: staying at the Hilton in Vilamoura

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2009, 07:22
Get answers to your questions about Vilamoura
Recent Conversations