We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vilamoura - Albufeira Taxis

Leeds
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Vilamoura - Albufeira Taxis

Hi

I'm going to Vilamoura with my girlfriend end June, but fancy a going to Albufeira once or twice for the nighlife there. Can anyone tell me how far it is / how long it takes and what the cost of a taxi each way will be??

Thanks a lot.

Josh

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
48,275 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vilamoura - Albufeira Taxis

It's around 12 miles by road Vilamoura Marina - Albufeira old town, so a cab is going to set you back the best part of 20 Euros in my estimation. The new town or Strip in Albufeira, as it is commonly called, is a couple of miles less.

Leeds
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vilamoura - Albufeira Taxis

Cubsur

Thanks for this. Much appreciated. If on the old roads, how long will it take?? 20 minutes???

Thanks again

Josh

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
48,275 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vilamoura - Albufeira Taxis

That was by the old roads. If the taxi went along the N125 it would be about 4 miles more and thus even more expensive. I can't imagine anyone would however, as it is a straightforward enough route through Olhos D'Agua.

Unless you specifically wanted to go to the old town in which case the N125 would be a bit quicker.

You could save a bit of cash by taking a bus into Albufeira (3,55 Euros) although the last bus is at 1925, perhaps a bit early. The bus stops at Areias Sao Joao at 'The Strip', but does not go to the old town. Of course most of the hotels etc in Vilamoura are miles from any bus stop!

Leeds
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vilamoura - Albufeira Taxis

Cubsur

Thanks your prompt reply. Appreciate it. So the journey will be around 20 mins?

Thanks for all the detailed info given by you.

Josh

5. Re: Vilamoura - Albufeira Taxis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 December 2009, 05:21