We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort in Algrave

Hullbridge, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Topic
Resort in Algrave

Where is the best resort in Algrave for a family with teenage kids?

Can anyone can recommend a nice 4star hotel ?

Thanks g

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Olhos de Agua
Level Contributor
1,585 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resort in Algrave

Hi,

My favourite places are Vilamoura or Albufeira. Lagos is a nice town too but mostly of the best hotels are on a great beach but a long walking distance to Lagos town.

Albufeira is very buzy in July/ August, beaches are small and plenty of tourists but there ae very nice hotels and apartments very easy walking to beach and easy walk to Oura ( new Albufeira ) and oldtown. There are many restaurants, bars plenty of tourists.

Vilamoura is very diferent. Is more expensive, long and amazing beach with aquatic sports, sunbeds and parasol, excellent restaurants and shops but the best hotels and apartments in Vilamoura marina and beach are are a litle bit expensive. There are many nice apartments, house and hotels near golf but mostly of then are a long walking distance to beach.

I love both places and in low season I go to Albufeira but in hight season I prefer Vilamoura only because is not so buzy.

Leonor

Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
3,240 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resort in Algrave

Teenagers generally tend to get bored in Vilamoura and Albufeira is a more popular option for them, with loads to do and keep them entertained and many other teens for them to meet.

Have a look at the reviews on Albufeira hotels:

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g189112-Albufeira_Alg…

Brisa Sol and Forte to Val are always very popular, amongst others

3. Re: Resort in Algrave

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2013, 10:27