We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in mid May

Dublin
7 posts
Save Topic
Weather in mid May

Hi

We are going on our first family with two children under three and the 14 day forecast does not look great from 17th May. Is this the norm for mid May? Are these forecasts reliable as we will be devasted if it rains and if it cold as we want the sun!

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,175 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in mid May

We've just had an unusual cold month with rain after a warm and dry winter. Therefore nothing is sure when forecasting.

It feels like the weather is turning for the better. Today blue sky and sunshine. Temperatures moving up throughout the week.

Usually it means a turn to summer weather where we have between 25-30C.

Best is to follow www.meteo.pt and go to the 10 day forecast. Choose Faro and Albufeira. Keep checking in as it changes. If one day it says 'showers', not too much to worry about since they are local and don't last long. You can always click on 'radar' to follow it's way.

Hope this helps.

Dublin
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in mid May

Thank you for your response. Is www.meteo.pt fairly accurate in their forecast?

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
118 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in mid May

It certainly is. You cannot get a better weather forecast than that from the Portuguese Meteorogical Office.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
449 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in mid May

It wasn't very accurate for the week we were there in April,far from it!

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,175 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in mid May

I've been using it for 8 years on a daily basis and it works fine for me.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
449 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in mid May

Well that's good news then, it's been accurate on a daily basis for the last eight years.....not!

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in mid May

We are in mid May and things are just heated up!

My website to check the weather forecast is www.accuweather.com and besides some minor mistakes; 2ºC below or 2.ºC higher; has been owrking just fine to me.

8. Re: Weather in mid May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 20:17
Get answers to your questions about Vilamoura
Recent Conversations