We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WiFi connectivity in Vilamoura

Dublin
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
WiFi connectivity in Vilamoura

Hi,

I like to plan my trip using cloud services such as Google Docs, EverNote and Dropbox. I upload important info, reference numbers etc to these services then access them on the go when i'm there.

I'm staying in a villa this time though so can't avail of hotel wifi. Just wondering what the connectivity is like about town? Does the government offer free municipal WiFi in Vilamoura? Do restaurants bars offer this service free? I don't want to print loads of paper to bring with me. Thanks in advance.

Joe.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
50,253 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: WiFi connectivity in Vilamoura

Many bars and restaurants around the Algarve offer free wifi for customers but I have never had to use any of them so know nothing further.

I have a prepaid 1 Euro per hour 3G connect pen which does me good service when out and about. That's an option for you to consider perhaps.

Just remember to turn it off when idle or the clock keeps running.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: WiFi connectivity in Vilamoura

I have used the free wi-fi in many bars in Vilamoura, they usually have signs up indicating free wi-fi. If not I always ask and they are in most cases happy to give you the Wep key for access.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: WiFi connectivity in Vilamoura

Is the '3G connect pen' the same as a dongle?

If so, where can they be purchased from?

Aberdeenshire
Level Contributor
3 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: WiFi connectivity in Vilamoura

I stay in the old village and the bars here have free wifi for customers, im assuming many of the bars in villamoura centre will also offer this

Offaly
Level Contributor
41 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: WiFi connectivity in Vilamoura

I run an internet based business and internet is vital for me while away. I found myself in trouble last year as my phone and tablet internet was very slow in vilamoura. I was staying in the Hilton so bought a week supply of wifi there but I was in shock with the quality of wifi in bars and restaurants. E-mail would load at an ok speed on my phone when connected to wifi but if I needed to look up anything on sites, it would sit loading for ages. I used to go to drive out to de barras irish pub in quinta do lago for breakfast because the breakfast was good and the wifi was fast so I killed two birds with one stone.

6. Re: WiFi connectivity in Vilamoura

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 19:17
Get answers to your questions about Vilamoura
Recent Conversations