We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Victoria Golf course

Which Vilamoura hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Forres, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Victoria Golf course

Hi,

Looking at accomodation for july which says it is adjacent to the Victoria Golf course. Is this within reasonable walking distance of the strip/marina etc or do we have to get bus/taxi,

or any idea where we can get more central accomodation?

Manchester
Level Contributor
159 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Victoria Golf course

It'll take you about 15 minutes to walk from there. When we stay up there we walk to the marina and get a cab back at night for a few euros. If you want to stay closer to the restaurants, nightlife etc you're better off looking around the marina area. We enjoy Dom Pedro Marina

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,323 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Victoria Golf course

I would say it will take a bit longer than 15mins to walk from Victoria into the main center. I have a place on the Millenium Golf Course and have taken nearer 25 -30mins to walk into Vilamoura

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,133 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Victoria Golf course

It's in the outskirts of Vilamoura and not a very interesting walk. I agree with Steve B. about the walk being 25-30 minutes. According to Google maps it takes 1 hour and 7minutes to walk from the Victoria. If you like use Google maps to orient yourself.

Are you looking for a hotel or an apartment or villa and what would your maximum walking distance from the marina preferably be?

Brentwood, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Victoria Golf course

The Victoria golf course is a long walk to the Marina. A good half an hour. Last summer for the first time there was an hourly bus service from the Millenium clubhouse (which is close to the Victoria course) to the Marina, but I am told the service was not that reliable. If thinking of staying here then car hire is pretty much essential. There are plenty of apartments much closer to the marina. The residential areas around the Victoria/Millenium courses are very quiet and family orientated.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,323 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Victoria Golf course

When staying in accommodation around the Millenium which is opposite the Victoria, I use a car or sometimes if I want a drink on an evening I will get a taxi. As Mark V states a car is advisable if you are staying that far out.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Victoria Golf course

Walk there, taxi back. Its always a nice walk in Vilamoura

7. Re: Victoria Golf course

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 06:42