We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with apartments??

Which Vilamoura hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
315 posts
Save Topic
Hotel with apartments??

Looking at villamoura for wife, 7month old and me... As we will have baby we are wondering which hotel would cater for us and baby?

We would like a high standard in hotel and close to centre as possible...

Is villamoura suitable?

Is the town nice??

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
17,257 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel with apartments??

Vilamoura is a resort build for tourism and tourists, not really a "town". Yes, there are high standard hotels there, both at the marina and the golf courses.

Ireland
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel with apartments??

The Lake Resort Hotel in Vilamoura is a high standard hotel with apartments. It’s in a great location beside the beach and marina. www.thelakeresort.com/en/

The Crowne Plaza is also in a good location www.crowneplazavilamoura.com

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,133 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel with apartments??

The Lake Resort has apartments and is located close to the beach and at the 'quiet' (West) side of the Marina.

Brentwood, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel with apartments??

The Lake Resort is the newest and smartest of the Hotels in Vilamoura. The resort has apartments, you might want to try a website such as 'holidayrentals' because many of the apartments are privately owned and are rented out. It is a short, pleasant stroll from the hotel into the Marina.

Portsmouth, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel with apartments??

We've just booked a holiday to vilamoura in Sept. We have a 2 year old, and have booked a private apartment through "Owners direct" website. Much cheaper. We have paid 399 euros for 9 nights.

Ireland
Level Contributor
315 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel with apartments??

Great advice folks.

Is vilamoura a nice place to visit

Lancashire, England
Level Contributor
46 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel with apartments??

Hi Ken

Maybe I am biased - we visit Vilamoura 2/3 times a year and have done for the past 10 years. Others on here I am sure have been doing the same for longer.

That in itself should tell you something but in answer to your question, yes it is a nice place to visit / stay.

Locals very friendly, great atmosphere down on the Marina, most hotels and apartments of a high standard. Restaurants and cafes all great and plenty to do in and around.

Enjoy !

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,323 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel with apartments??

Hi Ken,

I would totally agree with James regarding Vilamoura, I am going this Sunday for 10nights in a private apartment. Have been in January this year and I'm booked to go again in September. have been doing this for the last 10 years and simply love the place.

You'll have a great time

dublin
Level Contributor
205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel with apartments??

Hi Ken, the Lake Resort is lovely , also check out the Hilton as Cascatas it is a fab hotel (also apartments), everything is immaculate and they run a shuttle to the beach during the day and marina in the evening. Even the standard rooms are a good size with enough room for a cot. Everywhere in Portugal is family friendly and you will find many families strolling around the marina after dinner.

Tramore, Ireland
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel with apartments??

Hi Ken

I have just arrived back today from Vilamoura/Vila Sol.

We have been to Portugal four of the last five years and I have also travelled with a group of golfing buddies.

Love the Vilamoura area and whilst we do not have a young family, there were a lot of young families there,

Ihavent stayed in the Lake Resort but I am familiar with it and it does look lovely.

I would agree with Supermum who suiggested that you look at an owners site - we stayed in Sunset Villas in Vila Sol through Owners Direct and the last time stayed there through holidaylettings, The choice of accomodation is fantastic and the prices are unbeatable.

Hope you enjoy our trip.