We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Irish Bar in Quarteira

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Irish Bar in Quarteira

Has any one ever drank at the Irish Bar in Quarteira Baz and Minnies I believe its called.looking to move away from the marina area of Vilamoura for a change of scenery,also how easy is it to travel back to Vilamoura at the end of the night ??

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,179 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Irish Bar in Quarteira

You can just come back by taxi, it may be around 5 euro.

Radio taxi: tel. 289 315 650

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Irish Bar in Quarteira

Is Baz and Minnies Irish pub easy to find/walk to from the Vila Gale Ampalius Hotel,we wont worry about getting back with Taxis the best option.Thanks.

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,179 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Irish Bar in Quarteira

About 1/2 hour I would say. You go to the ocean in Vilamoura and follow the path Eastwards to Quarteira, that's a 10 min. walk. In Quarteira you just walk down the promenade untill you see them on your left. They are about 20 min. down the promenade.

BAZ & MINNIES'S IRISH BAR (Av. Infante Sagres,Quarteira)

Newly opened in Quarteira (close to the seafront at the Camping Parque end) Baz & Minnies's Irish Bar offers all your favourite tipples including Guinness, Sagres, Heineken, Magners & Bulmers. Irish owners Barrie & Gill promise you fun party nights and a warm welcome, with breakfasts and lunches available everyday incl. Sunday Roast Lunch and snacks throughout the day. Large flat screen TV's showing all sports incl. all GAA games. Live music Friday & Saturday nights and Karaoke on Wednesdays. Outside terrace too.

Tel: +351 916 388 324

Email: barrie-gill@hotmail.com

England
Level Contributor
263 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Irish Bar in Quarteira

Been in a few times nice little bar and he's a decent bloke (think the Minnie side of the bar has left). There is also a decent bar just before it called Fantasia, quiz night on Wednesday and a 3 course all you can eat meal on Fridays for 10 Euro, also has buy 1 get 1 free on drinks between 8-30 to 9-30.

YORK
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Irish Bar in Quarteira

Don't get ripped off as I did in the Irish Bar in Quartieira, check the prices of your drink before you purchase it. 4.5 Euros for a pint of local lager is double the price compared to most other bars in this area

1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Irish Bar in Quarteira

Wrong bar mate don't b so lazy on the next visit and look for the real Irish bar there

England
Level Contributor
263 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Irish Bar in Quarteira

Think Tim T may be thinking of the big irish bar on the main promenade (think it's called Aveliro or something like that). Baz and Minnies (minus the minnie) is IMHO not expensive at all.

Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
967 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Irish Bar in Quarteira

I probably will not be much help in your search for the I rish Pub, but I do not see the point of going to a Foreign Country and Search for a Pub that serves Guinness also Sunday Lunches, there are plenty of places to enjoy the local Produce and drinks at less than half the Price that you would pay elsewhere ,

However if thats what you seek on your hols the previous Entries should find your way there.

England
Level Contributor
263 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Irish Bar in Quarteira

I personally agree Flubert, but with the exception of Baz and minus Minnies any " Irish " bars are Portuguese and I personally rarely frequent them and have never (in over 30 years of going to Portugal) had a typical English/British Sunday lunch. That said each to their own, do you not think people from Portugal will not try to find Portuguese restaurants if they visit Britain ?

Edited: 08 August 2013, 07:31
Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
967 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Irish Bar in Quarteira

Glad you agree prippil you have beat me by one year though this will be our 30th year mainly in Vilamoura ,

buses to QUARTEIRA are cheap though not that regular and nothing on a Sunday, Taxis are very cheap and are the same, We are in our 70,s and walk to QUARTERIA quite often during our HOLIDAY there use to be shacks on the way but they have gone, as our Apartments are opposite the Ampalius in the Dom Pedro Marina the distance is about the same,

As Tourist we British are a strange breed who seek out what we have left at home, I have given up the evil drink and retired from Pub Life I now seek out the Pastelarias for the Bica and the Pasteis De Nata during the day and the Portuguese Cuisine in the evening, Or to the Marofu for my PIRI PIRI CHICKEN, thats living.

Get answers to your questions about Vilamoura
Recent Conversations