We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weekend break in vilamoura

Sligo, Ireland
Level Contributor
74 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
weekend break in vilamoura

hi we are going to book a week end break in vilamoura can anyone recommend apartments that is beside the beach and bars,restaurants etc... never been here before so would appreciate and comments on where to stay we prefer self catering as to hotels

many thanks

Donna

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve
Level Contributor
14,187 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: weekend break in vilamoura

You could have a look at: http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk and through an 'advanced search' look for location 'marina'. You'll be near the beach, bars and restaurants.

Otherwise you could search for Old Village, about a 15 min. walk North of the Marina.

Have a look at Google maps to orient yourself?

For Vilamoura in general:

http://www.vilamourauncovered.com/

Sligo, Ireland
Level Contributor
74 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weekend break in vilamoura

many thanks for your quick response will have a look at maps now thanks again

Belfast
Level Contributor
74 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weekend break in vilamoura

Hi there , i,m going to Vilamoura this week and staying in an apartment development which is 5 mins from the beach and less that 5 from restaurants.It is at the marina and is called the Aquamar. development. If you want to google them you should get contact details . I am staying in a penthouse which is called jardim do Mar which does look nice from the photos , again google the name of it and contact details will come up.

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
3,876 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weekend break in vilamoura

Aquamar is indeed a lovely development and probably the nearest self catering you will get to the beach, the marina is round the corner from them, Whether you will get a weekend availability that is the question, most apartments I have seen there are weekly rent, in this current climate you could always ask!

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weekend break in vilamoura

As Liverpoolman states, weekend availability may be limited.

When are you intending to visit, if it's July or August then I would imagine all the good accommodation will have gone by now.

Sligo, Ireland
Level Contributor
74 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weekend break in vilamoura

thanks to everyone who replied had a look at the aquamar they look fab we are going in mid june.. would love to hear feed back from blackbirdboy when you get back many thanks to all

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weekend break in vilamoura

Hi we are going on 20.5.13 and staying half board at Praia sol classed as quarteria but only 5 to 10 mins walk from beach and very close to marina too

I know you asked for apartment but I found that half board is not that expensive.

Quarteria is the next town so search that area too but use google to get directions to marina and you'll see how far distance is

And you can also get street view on google maps. Be warned though some areas looked really rough so be careful when booking

Sligo, Ireland
Level Contributor
74 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: weekend break in vilamoura

many thanks for replying... will get a look now at google maps thanks for your information

enjoy your holiday!..

9. Re: weekend break in vilamoura

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Vilamoura