We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vilamoura in November

Which Vilamoura hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Vilamoura in November

Can anyone let me know how busy the nightlife will be in and around the marina in Vilamoura during November ? There's a group of us going over on 7th for a week and would like a good crack at night along with the golf.

Thanks

merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vilamoura in November

fairly subdued although there are places open around marina

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Vilamoura in November

Thanks. What about Albufeira ? Would it be better going there on a night time or is it quiet there too ?

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,313 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vilamoura in November

Would advise you head for Albufeira if you want more night life. There will be bars and restaurants open in Vilamoura but not to the extent of Albufeira

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
45,681 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vilamoura in November

Albufeira has a much bigger resident population than Vilamoura and we do go out from time to time. There will be plenty of places open whose main trade is locals rather than tourists.

Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
905 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vilamoura in November

Obviously Vilamoura is the place for Golf and Albufeira is the place for the Night life being busier, but I go in ovember and stay in the Hotels near the Marina though not a Golfer myself there are certainly plenty about who start off in the Bar and then DISAPPEAR INTO THE NIGHT some may go to Albufeira but some do remain artound Vilamoura. it very much depends on your Priority Golf or the Night Life or are you in a Party that Tell the Wife at home you are on a Golfing Trip but never play a round.

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Vilamoura in November

It's definitely a golf trip but we want to have a fair few beers at night and a good crack with a few busy bars. We don't mind jumping into a taxi to albufeira if that's the place to be but would prefer to stay in vilamoura if its lively enough so we can just walk back to our hotel when we've had enough :)

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,313 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vilamoura in November

You could try the Atlantic Bar and Irish Bar on the upper level of the marina. They seem to be the most liveliest

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Vilamoura in November

the Atlantic bar seems to be very ex pat , I fly over a fair amount and go in there a lot , can anyone tell me is the Atlantic and other ex pat bars open all year ?

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,313 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vilamoura in November

I believe the Atlantic Bar closes January each year

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Vilamoura in November

So open in December when I arrive for the Xmas period , anyone give me a clue on what sort of atmosphere there is going on at Christmas ?

Get answers to your questions about Vilamoura