We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Closure Warning

Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
967 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Closure Warning

I have 2 weeks in The Presidential Suite From the 9th Nov to 23rd Nov in the Dom Pedro Marina and have been Emailed that the Hotel will be closed during my period of Holiday. It may well be for the whole Month of November, Unfortunately Travel Agencies are still Advertising Rooms,

So Beware if you have already booked or intend to, My Source of information is very reliable.

but if you want to be doubly sure check it out. Its a great shame its a great Hotel.

Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
967 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Closure Warning

It seems very strange that no one has made aany sort of comment on the closing of one of the Best Hotels near the Vilamoura Marina during the Month of November Popular with the Golfers.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
50,851 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Closure Warning

Their own website does not state that it is closed. The reservation system on their own site is offering rooms during November although some categories are shown as sold out. The Presidential Suite is not mentioned at all.

Is it completely closed or just the bit you were due to be in?

It is this type of hopelessly inaccurate information for visitors that really does annoy me about the way things are done here. If they are closed or part closed how difficult is it to put a warning notice on the front page of the website?

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,331 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Closure Warning

I have sent an email to Booking.com to ask them to check as they are offering some great 5 day deals for this hotel and are still taking bookings so hope to have some information this afternoon.

Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
967 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Closure Warning

To Cubsur the information that I have given is not inaccurate, the information I have been Emailed was from a person who has their office in Dom Pedro Portobelo, The reason thetre may be no mention of the Presidential Suites is probably because like us they are owned by Vacation Club Members. I had already phoned Reservations for the Hotel and it is closed from the 8th of November till Fedruary next year. I had also put dates in to Agencies and still found apartments available.

what I did suggest that one should double check which I did, though I must admit that I did not realise just how long the closure was.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
50,851 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Closure Warning

Ah! I didn't know that detail about the Presidential Suites. So, are we still not sure if the whole hotel is closed for 3 months. If it is, it is inexcusable for them to still be accepting bookings.

It must be very annoying and confusing for you to have news of a cancellation at such short notice.

I hope you will be offered a suitable alternative.

Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
967 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Closure Warning

To Cubsur to say annoyed is a bit of understatement, There is no real Equivalent to the Presidential Suite in the othe Dom Pedros which is what is offered, The Balcony is 41 of my paces with its own Jacuzzi and being on the 6th Floor has a great Views of the Marina and other splendid views, in 2010 we only new of the closure on arrival and that was from our Taxi Driver. it looks like this going to be the Norm, Like ourselves other Customers will be offered accommodation in the DP Portobelo or the DP Golf.

But this being our 30th year Visit and our 30th Year of Marriage I will enjoy myself, I love the Algarve and my Resort of Vilamoura.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,331 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Closure Warning

Flubert and cubsur,

I just received notice from Booking.Com that the Dom Pedro will indeed be closed during November and that all BOOKINGS will be transferred to their sister hotel The Dom Pedro Golf Resort so you might want to get in early and see what rooms you are being allocated.

Wrappido

Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
967 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Closure Warning

Thankyou it confirms my fears, I am dealing with the Problem of re-allocation through friends connected to the DP Hotels that I have dealt with over the Years, I just wanted to inform potential Guests of the Closure as Dom Pedro Marina is rated much higher than the DP Golf or the DP Portobelo, therefore may of been their first choice.

9. Re: Hotel Closure Warning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Vilamoura