We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather this weekend

Which Vilamoura hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
bristol
Level Contributor
175 posts
1 review
Save Topic
weather this weekend

Hi all

this weekend im over in the algarve doing my yearly ( 2nd year ) yomp from faro to albufiera ,

arrive 6pm friday walk from airport to faro town , night in hotel , then early start saturday to reach my destination the kr hotel in albufiera late afternoon 4ish , couple of pints and some food on the saturday evening , then guess what walk all the way back to faro airport for flight back to bristol sunday night , mad i know but thats what floats my boat , done the same thing last year and loved every min of it , done it a tad later in the year nov 25th weather was pleasant last year but looking at the forecast this year weather still looks pretty decent just need to know as the lighter i travel , no fleece / etc the better it is for me , once i have done my walk is it still flip flops t shirt shorts early evening ,remember i will have walked 25 miles so i will not be out till midnight drinking probably shower at hotel at 4ish watch football results and a couple of beers in a local bar ,find somewhere cheap and cheerful for an early evening meal then probably in bed by 10pm , so what was the question again , oh how warm is it at the moment - thanks kev

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,160 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: weather this weekend

www.ipma.pt/en/otempo/prev.10dias/…

plus the tides: www.tidetime.org/europe/portugal/faro.htm

Edited: 28 October 2013, 20:31
bristol
Level Contributor
175 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: weather this weekend

perfect in the day looks a tad parky at night

Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
919 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather this weekend

After the weather we have just had anything would be better, I am flying out on Saturday and have been looking at the Weather FORECAST daily and it looks pretty good as far as the 10th of November and will no doubt look again till I leave Saturday morning. My Wife and I use to go on long walks though in those days its mainly because we got Lost, My Brother inlaw called me the Goat climbing Rocks. Alas with Age and new Joints we no longer walk long distances but still get lost.

Enjoy your Yomp Weather looks good better than it has been.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
46,977 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather this weekend

A couple of comments if I may

"walk from airport to faro town" I hope you know the shortcut away from the main road!

Are you following the 'Ecovia' between Faro and Albufeira? If so, be aware that one section I cycled along near Vale de Lobo was underwater when I passed by earlier this year.

The weather is starting to cool down to 20C or so in daytimes, but it is the prospect of rain that I would be concerned about. Anything half as bad as we had last week and you will be swimming, not walking. Keep an eye on the sky as advised.

England
Level Contributor
252 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: weather this weekend

I tend to rely on this site as it seems accurate everytime I use it, and it looks fine. We are over at the weekend for my wifes birthday (yet another one) so if I see a bloke "yomping" on the main road i will give you a wave. Good luck.

http://www.windguru.cz/int/index.php?sc=4851

6. Re: weather this weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2014, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Vilamoura
Recent Conversations