We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on first holiday in Vilamoura? :)

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on first holiday in Vilamoura? :)

Hello,

Any advice would be appreciated .....

Myself and my fiancé are holidaying in early June and staying at Tivoli Victoria. My parents are also coming for a few days.

With it being early season I'm hoping the weather is fine so we can sunbathe/spend days on the beach. But if not is there anything else we could do during the day?

I'm pregnant so horse-riding/scuba diving is out of the question!

Also, can anyone tell me where the nearest big supermarket is from Tivoli Victoria and can anyone recommend so great seafood restaurants and pubs with a good atmosphere are (not that I'll be drinking!!).

Is it easy enough to get a taxi from the marina area to Tivoli Victoria anytime of day?

Thanks for any advice you can provide :) Looking forward to hearing it.

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,189 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on first holiday in Vilamoura? :)

The Tivoli Victoria's location is rather isolated and you will need taxis to go out (also to go to the beach). In June taxis will be readily available but if you go to the beach, make sure you carry a taxi phone number with you.

You could come down to the marina (10 min. by taxi, approx. 8-10 euro) and have a walk around. There are shops, bars, restaurants and nice terraces to have a coffee. You also can take a boat trip from there. At the west side of the marina is a Roman museum.

For more info: www.vilamourauncovered.com

www.visitalgarve.pt

There is no big supermarket near the Tivoli Victoria. If you want the biggest you need a taxi to go to Pingo Doce http://goo.gl/maps/bbhOj Pingo Doce has a bakery, butcher, good fresh fish counter and some take-away.

Good seafood restaurants can be found around the marina. One of them: Aquavit.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,544 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on first holiday in Vilamoura? :)

Hi mez

I will be staying not too far from Tivoli Victoria myself in early June and do hire taxis to get myself and the wife into Vilamoura centre.

As FTHW states Aquavit is a good seafood restaurant based on the marina but be prepared to pay that little bit extra for the setting.I prefer to eat in the courtyard restaurants behind the Irish Cabin bar on the upper level of the marina. Cataplana, Braganca Mar and O'Vitorio to name a few.

Good bars on the marina are Atlantic Bar, Navy Bar and Irish Cabin as previously mentioned, you won't be spoilt for choice.

There's a good mini golf which we frequent a few times and will pass an hour or so.

It's called the Family Golf Park and is situated next to the police station. http://www.romagolfpark.com

Again as FTHW sates the nearest large supermarket is Pingo Doce, there is a smaller Ali supermarket which is nearer although it would still be quite a walk about 2.5km and just over 30mins.

ALISUPER - Aldeia do Golf

Empreendimentos Aldeia do Golf

Vilamoura

8125-433 Loulé, Portugal

Hope this helps

Mentioned in this post
Family Golf Park
Family Golf Park
487 Reviews
Vilamoura, Portugal
Braganca Mar
Braganca Mar
1,127 Reviews
Vilamoura, Portugal
Vilamoura
Vilamoura
Quarteira, Portugal
Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,189 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on first holiday in Vilamoura? :)

Here's a map for the route to Alisuper: http://goo.gl/maps/5i5Jn

Also have a look at the top questions (to the right of this page).

When in the marina, have a drink at the terrace of the Tivoli Marina hotel. It has lovely

views across the marina from higher up.

Mentioned in this post
Tivoli Marina Vilamoura
Tivoli Marina Vilamoura
5,512 Reviews
Vilamoura, Portugal
4. Re: Advice on first holiday in Vilamoura? :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2015, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Vilamoura