We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dom Pedro Marina - Anyone stayed here? - advice needed!

Which Vilamoura hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Western Ireland...
Level Contributor
23 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Dom Pedro Marina - Anyone stayed here? - advice needed!

Hello,

My boyfriend and I are booked in to the Dom Pedro for 2 weeks in a couple of weeks. The most recent reviews have been awful. We are considering booking a different hotel but do knot know if it would be feasible. I would like to know if anyone has stayed here recently and if we were to go there could be expect 4 star standards at all?

Thanks,

Betty

Western Ireland...
Level Contributor
23 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Dom Pedro Marina - Anyone stayed here? - advice needed!

Thanks

Scotland
Level Contributor
62 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Dom Pedro Marina - Anyone stayed here? - advice needed!

How was your stay? I can t see your review

Western Ireland...
Level Contributor
23 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Dom Pedro Marina - Anyone stayed here? - advice needed!

Hi holidaygirl21_7... we didn't stay there after all. I must admit we panicked a little after seeing the reviews and booked Tivoli Victoria instead! As you can see from my review that wasn't great!!

We did see where the Dom Pedro was situated, it looked nice from the outside and the location is ideal! I hope you have a great time there and look forward to seeing your review :-)

Western Ireland...
Level Contributor
23 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Dom Pedro Marina - Anyone stayed here? - advice needed!

Hi holidaygirl21_7... we didn't stay there after all. I must admit we panicked a little after seeing the reviews and booked Tivoli Victoria instead! As you can see from my review that wasn't great!!

We did see where the Dom Pedro was situated, it looked nice from the outside and the location is ideal! I hope you have a great time there and look forward to seeing your review :-)

Leeds
Level Contributor
163 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Dom Pedro Marina - Anyone stayed here? - advice needed!

What a shame you panicked then had inferior accommodation on your alternative choice. I have stayed at the Dom Pedro Marina and found it more than adequate. Great pool area, cocktails, friendly staff and a fantastic location. So sorry you listened to negative comments and didn't try it for yourself.

Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
909 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Dom Pedro Marina - Anyone stayed here? - advice needed!

You should have ignored those negative reviews which were all produced at one week in July which seemed very strange as I believe I said in a previous entry.

One thing people should now if booking is that Dom Pedro Marina will be closed from the 5th November 2014, for the winter not sure when it will reopen, Shame as I find the D P Marina the best of the Dom Pedros and I happen to have 2 weeks in the Presidential Suite.

and that is not a rumour.

Scotland
Level Contributor
62 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Dom Pedro Marina - Anyone stayed here? - advice needed!

What a shame you changed hotel. We are here and have been upgraded to a presidential suite, I think due to the email I sent. I didn't expect to be upgraded but all I can say is wow!

Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
909 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Dom Pedro Marina - Anyone stayed here? - advice needed!

Hi holidaygirl, glad you enjoyed the Presidential Suite, I own 2 weeks in one which I first bought in 2006 unfortunately for the last 3 years the D P Marina has closed during my weeks, they have given me alternative accommodation but have I said many times there is no Equivalent APARTMENT IN THE OTHER TWO Dom Pedros, with its very long Balcony with its own JACUZZI , VIEWS IN ALL directions over the Marina and to SEA plus views to the North and other points of the compass.

The staff are also great some who I have Known since the Dom Pedro opened.

No Wonder you said WOW !!!!

Leeds
Level Contributor
163 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Dom Pedro Marina - Anyone stayed here? - advice needed!

I stayed in Dom Pedro Portobello last time and the one-bedroomed apartment was huge with the biggest balcony ever and pool and sea views.

Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
909 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Dom Pedro Marina - Anyone stayed here? - advice needed!

Dom Pedro Portobelo is where I go when I cant get into my President Suite in fact I am in a T2 or in Laymans terms a 2 Bedroom Apartment and yes they do have fairly big Balconies which catches the Sun in the morning until it goes down, but imagine the Presidential Suite being over twice the Length and almost 3 times the width and I am not exagerating. only thing it doesnt really have is a comparable Kitchen, not that we eat in apart from Rolls etc or a Piri Piri take away.