We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vilamoura to Lisbon?

Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Vilamoura to Lisbon?

Hi,

I have booked accommodation at the Prado Villas and then am heading to Lisbon for a week -> what are the options to get to Lisbon from Vilamoura? Assume train is the way to go but what is the best way to organise this?

Also to see Vilamoura am I best to hire a car and can anynone recommend a good place to go?

Many thanks for your help. Cheers

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Olhos de Agua
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vilamoura to Lisbon?

Prado Villas is nearest Vilamoura and yoo have public bus to center or a litle train.But if you rent a car is the best becouse you go to anywhere and is cheap. You can go to Lisbon by car is always motorway, in 3 hours you are in Lisbon. By train is good to, but you have to go to Albufeira ou Loule take de train.

Don´t forgrt visit Albufeira! is very nice.

I advise that Prado Vilas is not very good, there are apartment much better in Vilamoura. Is clean but is old. For me OLD VILLAGE is much better. If you need more informations i can heop you. I´m portuguese and i know verey well Algarve.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
137 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Vilamoura to Lisbon?

hi shapesy. try auto europe for car hire dont think youll be beaten on price.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
442 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vilamoura to Lisbon?

Not easy by public transport, as the only buses through Villamoura go to either Almancil (which has a station but you'd have to change at Tunes to get the Intercity to Lisboa), or Albufeira (which means another bus to its station which is miles out of town), or Faro (which means doubling back on yourself).

Suggest taking a taxi to Loule or Albufeira station, then Intercity straight to Lisboa.

Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Vilamoura to Lisbon?

Hi Leonor, newsboy and fletch 535,

Many thanks for your hepl ... very much appreciated. It seems that car hire or taxi/train are the best options so I'll scope those out further. Are taxis easy to get in Vilamoura?

Thanks for the tip on the accommodation Leonor but I have already booked Prado and the reviews on Trip Advisor seem pretty good so I'll keep my fingers crossed. Sure to have a good time in Vilamoura and looking rowards to it.

All the best and thanks again. Cheers shapesy

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vilamoura to Lisbon?

Hello,

Is very easy to take taxi in Vilamoura or rent a car. You should rent a car when you arrive becouse if you rent a car for 7 days is cheaper than 1 or 3 days rentals.

Don´t be sad! Prado Villas is good, clean, big apartments, bar, supermarket is near ( 3 minutes by foot ), swinming pool. The beach and Vilamoura center is 3 Kilometer away but if you rent a car is 3 minutes!

Good holidays!

Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Vilamoura to Lisbon?

Thanks very much for the info Leonor.

I am also coming to Vilamoura from Tavira -> what is the best way to do this? Bus or taxi and what would the cost be?

Cheers

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vilamoura to Lisbon?

Well, if you decid rent a car for 3 days or more you can go by car ( for exemple in AVIS or EUROPCAR ) and deliver in Tavira. BY Taxi is not very expensive ( more and less 70 Euros ). Public tranports is not very good because near Prado Villas or Vilamoura there are not public transports to Tavira, you neet go to Loule ( take the train ) or Quarteira ( is a city near Vilamoura ) take bus to Tavira. Don´t worry is easy go to Tavira and Portuguese people is very nice and in recepcion of Prado Villas they will help you!

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
442 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vilamoura to Lisbon?

Tavira-Faro is easy by train (hourly service on weekdays) and Faro-Vilamoura is easy by bus (almost hourly).

Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Vilamoura to Lisbon?

Thanks for the info fletch! Cheers

10. Re: Vilamoura to Lisbon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 17:18