We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seville to Arcos de la Frontera to Ronda

Austin, Texas
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Seville to Arcos de la Frontera to Ronda

I'll be traveling from Seville to Arcos de la Frontera on a Wednesday in September. On Thursday I need to get to Ronda. I'm staying one night in each place. Can someone tell me the easiest way to do that using train and/or bus? I then plan to take the train from Ronda to Granada. Doable?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,910 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seville to Arcos de la Frontera to Ronda

Hi Ozsome. I do this journey and it is easy. Use the LOS AMARILLLOS bus from Prado de San Sebastian bus terminal in Seville and currently the times are departure at 09:30 in morning or 18:00 in evening. The bus goes via a few outlying towns and villages before reaching Arcos after 2 hours. You can pay the driver at Prado bus station or buy a ticket at the window in booking hall. Whenever I have taken it never more than 10 on board.

At Arcos the bus station has had a nice makeover ! Depending on where you are staying and what your plans are will determine advice about how to go from A to B.

Los Amarillos bus times on : http://samar.es/ so check in September.

Then Arcos to Ronda midweek you have bus run by "TG COMES" who are big in Cadiz Province.

Take a look at times on this :

http://www.tgcomes.es/horarios_16.htm

You have again the morning bus coming up from Cadiz and leaving Arcos around 10:20 or the afternoon one leaving around 15:20.

At Ronda you have a train to Granada - very doable.

Check RENFE times much nearer the day of travel. No need to buy tickets in advance.

You mention in September. Arcos has its annual fiesta / Feria de San Miguel around the last weekend of September. Ronda has the Feria de Pedro Romero in early September.

Austin, Texas
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Seville to Arcos de la Frontera to Ronda

Thank you so much. That's exactly how I would like it to work, but on the bus schedule, there's an X on Wednesday which I assumed meant that bus does not go on Wednesday. Am I misreading it?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,910 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seville to Arcos de la Frontera to Ronda

The X in some Spanish calendars such as the bus one denotes Miercoles or Wednesday and it does mean that the bus runs on Wednesdays.

I guess some wise person decided to not confuse by using an M for Martes and an M for Miercoles on the same page ? Think it is quite traditional and recognized in Spain.

4. Re: Seville to Arcos de la Frontera to Ronda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2015, 14:15